What's the mask/vaccine requirement situation in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part is not true. I have been on jury duty at the Hall of Justice for 6 weeks (another story). No proof of vaccination needed to enter, and still open to the public after going through the metal detector. Masks required, however. Last week many indoor spaces required proof of vaccination to enter, including indoor dining. I showed my electronic California record + ID to eat lunch indoors.

You highlight the *wrong* part!

I should have said Vax proof required to enter a business or a *federal* office... the vax proof part is true.

It's reported that San Fran is getting better about the amount of human poop allowed on the sidewalks. I wonder if you have to show your papers to do that ... :rockon:
If you're going to poop outdoors, *definitely* handy to have paper!

Most of where I've flown lately for work, parts of Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, N. Carolina, Virginia, some places say "masks required" on the door but you go in and nobody or almost nobody is actually wearing one. It's like they never took the signs down from last year. The one place I know masks are still required in Indiana is at doctor's offices.

You highlight the *wrong* part!

I should have said Vax proof required to enter a business or a *federal* office... the vax proof part is true.
Even that isn't true. Unless I'm reading your post wrong, you are implying that all businesses are required to do this. Businesses that require patrons to provide proof of vaccination are listed here. Other businesses can decide to ask for proof but it is not mandatory.

https://www.sfdph.org/dph/alerts/files/C19-07-Redline.pdf

1. Vaccination. All Businesses and governmental entities are strongly urged to consider implementing measures to require Personnel and patrons to be Fully Vaccinated as soon as possible. Also, the following Businesses must require patrons and staff (as distinguished from the broader term “Personnel”) to provide proof of Full Vaccination and comply with the other requirements detailed in Appendix B to this Order:
    • Operators or hosts of establishments or events where food or drink is served indoors—including, but not limited to, dining establishments, bars, clubs, theaters, and entertainment venues.

• Gyms, recreation facilities, yoga studios, dance studios, and other fitness establishments, where any patrons engage in cardiovascular, aerobic, strength training, or other exercise involving elevated breathing.

Apparently the Hawaii governor is telling folks not to visit now (though it's not an order - yet).

Most of where I've flown lately for work, parts of Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, N. Carolina, Virginia, some places say "masks required" on the door but you go in and nobody or almost nobody is actually wearing one. It's like they never took the signs down from last year. The one place I know masks are still required in Indiana is at doctor's offices.

I think my favorite is the businesses that have signs which read "If vaccinated, masks are optional". No one requests to see or checks a vaccination card, and it ignores the fact that vaccinated individuals still spread Covid at an alarming rate. I give them an A for effort/intent, though, lol.

I think my favorite is the businesses that have signs which read "If vaccinated, masks are optional".

Yeah. I saw that at Oshkosh and thought well... that's next to useless, especially when the sign next to it said "If you aren't vaccinated, masks are highly encouraged."

Sure. That's gonna be effective. :rolleyes:

Yeah. I saw that at Oshkosh and thought well... that's next to useless, especially when the sign next to it said "If you aren't vaccinated, masks are highly encouraged."

Sure. That's gonna be effective. :rolleyes:
well....it musta been somewhat effective. No one I know got COVID after Oshkosh.

I’m a mask and vaccine libertarian. I don’t see how a pice of cloth 1000 times bigger than a CoVid virus can stop or even slow the spread of germs. OTOH, they’re bacterial and viral breeding grounds and trap CO2, reducing O2 intake.

As far as the mRNA gene manipulation (AKA vaccine) the Swine Flu vaccine was pulled after 200 deaths. This so called vaccine is at at least 6000 deaths, and counting. Not to mention significant adverse side effects. If you want to get vaccinated, by all means, go ahead, but don’t force nor coerce me to get it.

I wish they would treat natural immunity, which is actually better than the vaccine, at least the same as being vaccinated. But, they completely ignore it.
IBTL.

I have been to over 20 states and 2 countries during this. The “rules” are different all over, rapidly changing and usually not followed. Best advice, have a mask in your pocket just in case.

In my worthless opinion, MOST people are over it.

@cowman , if you don’t find the current Bahamas info you need text me. While I’m not up to speed on it, I know a pilot with a house down there and can get it for you.

I’m a mask and vaccine libertarian. I don’t see how a pice of cloth 1000 times bigger than a CoVid virus can stop or even slow the spread of germs. OTOH, they’re bacterial and viral breeding grounds and trap CO2, reducing O2 intake.

If, as you say, it can't stop viruses, then it can't stop CO2 and O2 molecules, which are much smaller. And if you're talking about reusable cloth masks, Lysol makes a laundry sanitizer.

As far as the mRNA gene manipulation (AKA vaccine) the Swine Flu vaccine was pulled after 200 deaths. This so called vaccine is at at least 6000 deaths, and counting. Not to mention significant adverse side effects.

Did swine flu cause hundreds of thousands of deaths within a year in the U.S., and severely overload our hospitals? It's important to compare the risk of vaccination to the risk of letting the disease spread unchecked.

Last edited:
Another Texan, Dallas County has it required inside all buildings "that directly serve the public," whatever that means, or "crowded" outdoor spaces. I'm not sure which county D/FW or the Arlington stadiums fall. After a court ruling I expect it soon in other responsible areas. I'm a couple counties away so only chain stores/eateries from what I've seen require it for employees only. I wore one into the post office a few days ago and they really appreciated the effort.
Medical facilities require it and IMHO is a good idea even after this malady passes.
Small town near me closed it's schools for the week after more than 15% of the students and 25% of the staff tested positive, and not even all of the possibles have been tested yet. They're debating a requirement in spite of executive orders. Town has no hospital BTW. Several other small ISDs are in the same predicament. Many big school districts require them on campus. It illustrates that if you're not a part of the solution you're part of the problem.

I’m a mask and vaccine libertarian...completely ignore it.
IBTL.
If not addressing the OPs question, what is your purpose? Not a single relevant assertion you made is true, except to remind people to disinfect a reusable mask. Sad. I could prove it but only if you promise to accept the evidence.

I have been to over 20 states and 2 countries during this. The “rules” are different all over, rapidly changing and usually not followed. Best advice, have a mask in your pocket just in case.

In my worthless opinion, MOST people are over it.

@cowman , if you don’t find the current Bahamas info you need text me. While I’m not up to speed on it, I know a pilot with a house down there and can get it for you.

Thats what I think and what most of the replies here seem to say too. Seems like most of would rather not mask but will if it’s absolutely required.

and thanks on the Bahamas, I’ll check back with you when we’re getting closer to our departure, sometime in November since it’s likely to have changed by then. The official info right now says you need proof of vaccination to enter and a negative test within 5 days of entry… but it says the same for unvaccinated which has me scratching my head as to why they’re differentiating. Also looks like masks are officially required but as discussed here what that actually means on the ground may vary.

Also thanks to everyone who gets the point of the thread and didn’t start one of the pointless well worn arguments ;)

To be honest, this just doesn’t seem complicated. Pack a mask if you choose to travel and wear it if required or asked. I pack “church clothes” for many trips when I travel in case I need to dress up to be comfortable at a church, nice restaurant, or whatever. Have never fussed about “needing” to do so and haven’t heard people fussing about needing to dress up a bit for church or dinner.

Much ado about nothing, IMHO. Get over it, get on with it.

You know what? The stats are even better for those younger than 60…..and even better for those younger than 40.
In Russian Roulette? Citation, please :confused:

…which means they’re WORSE for the over 60’s, since the stats are aggregated.

And that’s for death. Serious sequelae occur in more, especially over 65 and with risk factors.

In any case, one either has a high risk of complications and/or some level of risk passing the disease to others. Don’t get me wrong: I don’t mask unless asked to, since I had the disease and got vaccinated. But blowing off the personal risk or risk to others is, well, inaccurate.

In any case, one either has a high risk of complications and/or some level of risk passing the disease to others. Don’t get me wrong: I don’t mask unless asked to, since I had the disease and got vaccinated. But blowing off the personal risk or risk to others is, well, inaccurate.

But what do you actually think is the risk to others of causing them serious harm?

It seems like a bunch of not terribly likely events have to happen:

Have to have the illness and be within the limited period of time when infectious.

Have to have enough contact with another, likely in an enclosed indoor space, to pass along a high enough dose of virions.

That person has to be infected by that dose.

That person has to have a serious bad outcome.

I’m not sure we have hard numbers on a lot of that.

We know the IFR of the original strain was about 0.25% overall. We know the period of infectivity is about 10-14 days.

Given those numbers, do you think the odds of causing serious harm to someone else, as an unvaccinated person and taking no other precautions, for the average person, are any greater than the sort of risks we subject others to all the time in day to day living? Like driving a car on the street.

I know I don’t think I can say with any real certainty that such a risk with Covid-19 is greater than the risk due to driving.

True. And 83% survive Russian Roulette….

Not if they try it with a 1911...

Back to the thread topic.

Post office today, the mask signs are finally down, but there seems to be even more plexiglass separating the staff from the customers. Which is probably a good thing. I kinda like plexiglass.

Went to the local hardware store, and then home despot. Very few customers wearing masks.

Back to the original question: I heard on the news that British Columbia has just reinstated its mask mandate because of the fourth wave. Population-adjusted, their daily new cases are 3x as high as Ontario's (who never suspended its mask mandate).

Whether you agree or disagree with the policy (and as the OP requested, let's not debate that here), you can expect to see more jurisdictions following suit as hospitalizations start rising again.

I know I don’t think I can say with any real certainty that such a risk with Covid-19 is greater than the risk due to driving.
Sure seems hospitals are pretty busy and ICUs are pretty full. Is that from driving accidents? I don’t think so…

Delta decided to increase their health insurance $200/mo for the unvaccinated. I don’t personally think that’s a political stunt any more than smoking increases the cost of life insurance. It’s actuarial.

OK - so the masks aren’t perfect and neither are the vaccines. Other than the adolescent ranting, what do those opposed to these scientifically substantiated tools suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back