Airstrip legal battle Idaho

This fight has been going on for sometime. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) Idaho is a strong property rights state for you to do what you want and when you want with your property or, if you’re a Republican state senator, public lands to the point of logging and selling timber of of state-owned lands, and the rights of your neighbors and the public be damned. And if the fight is with the Federal Government, so much the better - hell, you are now eligible to run for Governor. The property rights system generally works ok until you run into ****ats who take the concept too far.

There's nobody we hate worse than the friends of the SNRA.

he was known to land aircraft numerous times per week.

Yikes! It must be like living next to Newark!!

Idaho is a strong property rights state for you to do what you want and when you want with your property

That really doesn't sound that bad to be honest.

o_O

Until your neighbor wants to locate a hog farm or asphalt plant next to yours.

Ok. I’ll give you that. But he’s not building those things. Or a lighted beacon. Or a racetrack for track days. A few flights a week ? Eh -

Last edited:
Thank goodness it's an airstrip and not a nasty 5G tower.

I don't think anybody can tell him he can't land on his own property. But I would imagine the feds could do some airspace stuff to put him down.

Tough to get a feel for the situation as it truly is. More often then not, I see people lose their damn minds over people flying safely and quietly in & out of fully-operational airports. But if he's buzzing around 100 feet over the trees all over town just cuz he can, the guy is a jerk.

Can't form an opinion on this one yet

It sounds like the land carried easements and restrictions. I'd need more information but as a frequenter of the National Forest and National grasslands I don't like the idea of people with money asking for forgiveness before permission when they know they should have.

There is an area contained within the Sawtooth National Forest called the Sawtooth Wilderness Area. Much less human activity permitted in the SWA. With friends, I hiked through that area, basically from the trailhead southwest of Stanley, ID to Sawtooth Lake and continuing in a general SW direction to another trailhead. All in about a three day trip, back in 1970 or so.

Whatever the litigants do, I hope these guys leave the SWA the f*** alone.

-Skip

2500’ -it’s not like he’s blasting off in a G4 three
times a week.

This is just a bunch of environmentalist bed wetters doing what they do. Smiley Creek airport is a few miles south of here and Stanley airport is a few miles to the north. Boren's flights account for .00000001% of the air traffic in this area. Bunch of BS

As I read it the problem is not the flying, well except for the chopper harassment incident, its about allowable land usage This is just another arrogant jerk that bought into an area with covenants and restrictions that he is circumventing as he desires by lying because...him big man on scene.

This is just a bunch of environmentalist bed wetters doing what they do.

You know, I thought I've heard most folksy phrases, but this one is definitely a new one for me.

As I read it the problem is not the flying, well except for the chopper harassment incident, its about allowable land usage This is just another arrogant jerk that bought into an area with covenants and restrictions that he is circumventing as he desires by lying because...him big man on scene.

You have absolutely zero clue what the hell you are talking about. You should probably read the law and familiarize yourself with this case......or maybe you just don't care how dumb you sound.

Zn9.gif

You have absolutely zero clue what the hell you are talking about. You should probably read the law and familiarize yourself with this case......or maybe you just don't care how dumb you sound.
Did the article not say inside federally regulated land where usage restrictions exist? Did it not say that Boren circumvented them " that he misled authorities over his plans to build the airstrip, initially claiming that he was just doing agricultural work." Or are you just a simpleton jerk that only knows how to attack a messenger when they don't like the message?
Enlighten us oh sage, which part do you consider dumb? Check the mirror first.

Back