Windy + flight planner plugin

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
I've had a love / hate relationship with windy until I came across the plugin.

It's pretty nice. It lets you plan out a trip and even delay departures for fuel or food, without making multiple plans like most applications make you do. Then you can scroll back and forth over the trip with different views and get a great idea of what things will be like. And it's proving to be far more accurate than other tools, particularly when the trip is still a few days or more out.

Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 3.11.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 3.12.11 PM.png

When you say Windy, are you referring to Windy or Windy.app?

Windy.com. I haven't found a way to use the plugin in the .app

I've had a love / hate relationship with windy until I came across the plugin.

It's pretty nice. It lets you plan out a trip and even delay departures for fuel or food, without making multiple plans like most applications make you do. Then you can scroll back and forth over the trip with different views and get a great idea of what things will be like. And it's proving to be far more accurate than other tools, particularly when the trip is still a few days or more out.

View attachment 99286 View attachment 99287
Is there a tutorial? I was unable to figure out how to make it work.

lol. It’s not just you. Took me mashing a lot of buttons to figure it out. There’s an about under settings that has a little info.

It’s one of the features I wish the app would get!

I think you might need to have a subscription which is offered for enhanced capability to get hold of the plug in.

Oh, maybe. I do have a premium subscription.

I think you might need to have a subscription which is offered for enhanced capability to get hold of the plug in.
I don't have a subscription and was able to load the plugin. It crashed when I tried to select a waypoint, so I removed it (which just refreshes the browser, according to a pop up message), but then reinstalled it and it works fine.

Here's a question. How to yo clear the flight plan to start a new one? I must be missing something obvious.

Back