What's the mask/vaccine requirement situation in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
If you want to argue over what we should do please go elsewhere so this thread doesn't get locked. The purpose of this thread is for those of us traveling to get a handle on what to expect.

The question is what's the expectation on masks where you've been- not talking about ordinances or advisories, what do most people seem to be doing in practice and what are businesses requiring?

Across rural IL and MO where I spend most of my time it's mostly no-masks. A few places like Wal-Mart are recommending them but not enforcing and in some of those places you might see 1/3-1/2 of the people using them but you are able to go wherever you want without. I have never been asked if I'm vaccinated anywhere nor shown anyone proof of anything. The only places I've been to that require it are health care providers.

Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has been to the Bahamas lately as to how things are working there but I'm sure this info would be interesting/useful to others for all over.

Mask are required pretty much for schools only. A few places requiring them (box store chains) for workers, requesting (although I haven't seen signs saying so just news blurbs saying they were) but not requiring them for customers.

Other than that there might still be some one-off places that require them, but I haven't seen any.

We don't have many walk in customers but we have a sign up saying if you don't feel good stay outside and we will interact with you there.

In massachusetts, there is currently state-wide mask/vaccine requirement/guidance. Basically, unvaccinated don't have to wear masks, except for certain situations like healthcare locations.

https://www.mass.gov/covid-19-updates-and-information

However, there are city and towns that are requiring masks indoors for everyone regardless of vaccination status. The state has an approach to set a state-wide mandate with an expectation that local communities can require more.

probably you don't need to know about vaccinations required for workers.

Mixed around the Dayton area. Most stores, etc have Staff wearing masks and asking non-vaccinated to do so also but no requirement I’ve seen. Schools are 50/50 masks. No State wide directions (yet) except recommending vaccination if able. Masks required in all health care facilities, without exception.

Last week in Charleston SC, some business with masks for employees, most not. Optional for customers.

Cheers

I don't wear a mask anywhere I'm not required to, which is generally medical offices and similar places. Since the mask order was lifted in Texas, almost 100%.of restaurants, stores, and other public places do not require masks.

My employer (top 25 largest hospital
Groups in us) announced recently in conjunction with two others in our area that “vaccination will
Be required to start within 3 weeks of FDA approval or receive final disciplinary warning. Failure to start getting vaccinated within 2 weeks of that latter they will
Consider that your notice of voluntary resignation”. Religious exceptions reviewed by legal. Medial
Exemptions reviewed by their medical team-not yours.
Phrase “keeping in line with previous vaccination requirements” peppered throughout the FAQ. We are mandated for flu shot yearly too.
I’m vaccinated so Idk but I will lose employees I’m sure. To whom idk as most are going to do same thing

obtw Popping my ‘IBTL’ cherry

Long Island. Masks optional for vaccinated. I’d say it’s about 50/50 mask and no mask. When they first dropped the mask mandate a few months ago, it was about 80/20 mask/no mask. I took mine off as soon as they lifted the mandate.

Well considering I fly COVID on a regular basis, I wear one. Sometimes procedure mask sometimes N95. Depends on my mood. :)

Around town, I wear a procedure mask everywhere except when I’m in a restaurant (Longhorns). Then I just roll the dice and hope the alcohol kills the virus. ;)

Kansas has no official rule statewide. School districts are all over the place ours has no mask mandate, but some school districts do. Many businesses have switched to requiring masks for employees and requesting masks for customers (apparently they can’t require them) and some request only for the non-vaccinated.

No vaccine requirements locally, school, or employer wise for us.

charlotte, some people wearing masks, some people aren't. businesses I've been to aren't requiring anything that I'm aware of.

I haven’t seen any mask mandates in Iowa or South Dakota, which is where I live and regularly travel.

I recently got back from a trip that crossed 100% of Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska. It also crossed the eastern portions of Wyoming and Colorado. There was nowhere that I went that had any apparent mask mandates at the state or local levels. We only had to wear masks when indoors at national parks due to the mandate by the federal government.

Restaurants here are mandating them to get from the front door to your table, and grocery (and most other) stores are mandating them while inside. Obviously they are also being mandated at all health facilities. Everything is open, but some places are limiting hours due to staff shortages. Some fast food places are drive thru only.

Washington State is back to a mask mandate indoors as of Monday.

Ron Wanttaja

If you are flying with me vaccination and masks are mandatory and that in any states we may visit.

No mandates in upstate NY. Most businesses don’t require masks if you’re vaccinated. That said, with Delta on the rise, there’s definitely been an uptick of people masking up at the grocery stores & restaurants.

Arizona is a real mix right now. Governor is saying he will withhold funding from school districts that have mask mandates. Governor has order that municipalities cannot have mask mandates on private places or outdoors for mandates, though municipalities can require them in their buildings.

Most businesses no longer require but some, like Whole Foods say recommended or required for the unvaccinated, but no one is checking.

New Mexico: Sit down, shut up and do whatever I tell you to do - Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.

Otherwise mask required in public places. All public places including private property. This is not long after stating vaccinated folks are not required to have a mask in public unless requested by management. Undecided for when the public schools open soon. Trying to make vaccinations mandatory for attending a public school.

This is the same person that last year surrounded Gallup with state police and national guard to stop folks from entering or leaving Gallup city limits. (I love my wire cutters)

Today we had print outs taped to the doors leading inside our church stating mask required. About half the folks did.

Golden Corral is open again. Each person still picks out their own food as usual, mask required (by management) except when sitting at the table.

My kids mask at school. We mask at church. I don't go many other places besides my airplane so can't comment. Our company had started returning to the office but stopped a month in and we're back to working from home. Central Illinois.

There is a new development in the "Optional use of PPE". At least one hospital has an employee problem with nurses refusing to enter a room with a Covid patient, thus reducing the chance that they take Covid home with them, and avoiding the PPE drill. After a year, they are burned out with that process.

That hospital has only non vaccinated Covid patients at the present.

The hospital is taking no action against the nurses, as they are short handed already. There is no publicity on this, in an effort to avoid the practice from spreading to other hospitals.

Masks? We still have a Golden Corral w/buffet.
No requirement for vaccinated except for the one marine supply store where the lady behind the counter screams at you if you come in w/o a mask. I don't shop there anymore.

In Idaho, records were set for the most new cases over the weekend. Where I live (Kootenai County just outside of Coeur d’Alene) all elective and non- emergency surgeries have been cancelled because there is no space in the ICU for anything other than COVID patients. So, sorry about that cancer surgery you need. Our county has the lowest rate for vaccinations (right at 50%) in the state and Idaho ranks near the bottom overall. I think the latest stat is 92% of the hospitalized patients are unvaccinated. Interesting the average age for those hospitalized is hovering around 50 with some in the ICU in their 30’s. We have no mask mandate and no vaccination mandate. Schools will start this week, and I’m betting will not last until Labor Day. That is so long as the teachers show up to teach and some are saying they won’t. Really Darwin in action when you read about the lengths people are going to avoid the vaccines. I understand from the local paper horse and cow dewormer is now unavailable in the county, whether through a feed store, a vet or a pharmacy because it’s supposedly will also kill the COVID virus and I understand people are using it on themselves. Freedom, ya know.

Nada. Alaska and Texas. No requirement in either place. But to get to one or the other? The airlines employ mask Nazis.

AZ doesn’t have mask mandates back.

CA is getting masky lately from what I can see.

Northern Baja Mexico is still wanting masks.

I have a couple in the car just in case something catches me off guard.

When you say “around here” but there’s nothing to identify where “here” is, you haven’t really said anything.

In Indianapolis, no overall mandates. Some random restaurants are still closed to indoor seating but there are always other options. Nowhere requires masks on customers. A few stores have signs saying masks are required, but I haven’t heard of anyone being confronted.

Washington State is back to a mask mandate indoors as of Monday.

Ron Wanttaja
For once Oregon didn't follow what Washington did. Oregon went back to indoor masks required on August 13th.

Some private businesses(bars, restaurants, sporting teams) are requiring proof of vaccine for customers. Oregon is requiring K-12 and state employees get vaccinated by Oct 18th or full FDA approval, whichever is later, health care employees by Sept 30. Some of the laws and private businesses are allowing test results or frequent testing for people who are not vaccinated.

No mandates here but business employees seem to be masking up again. I heard we are having a lot of cases finally but “a lot” is relative, we’re not densely populated. (Texas near the LA border).

My sister in Raleigh told me the mayor has mandated masks everywhere again.

No mandates here in Chattanooga, although it seems to be encouraged. I have gone back to wearing a mask in public, as the case counts are rising rapidly here. I dunno if it helps, but it surely can’t hurt!

Medial Exemptions reviewed by their medical team...
I really like this typo! ;-)

San Francisco requires masks, and proof of vaccination to enter a business or government building. California makes it kind of easy... if you're in the state database, you can download a credential to your phone to show.

If not vaccinated, you need a negative COVID test... last four days? Something like that.

Restaurants and theaters are checking vaccine cards. Grocery stores and Costco are not.

Last edited:
Nevada is sort of the Wild Wild West these days. Masks mandated indoors, but even businesses that post signs to that effect do not hassle those that don't comply, and employees are not strictly compliant.

Mask fatigue is a thing.

My employer requires masks at all times on all their property, regardless of vaccination status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back