[NA] Do you put Fritos™ on your chili?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Hypothetically speaking, say you were about to grab a ladle of chili out of the pot and sit down on a nice August day, Do you grab the bag of Frito Lay™ Fritos and toss a handful on top of the chili?

I don't know anyone that does this (the horror) but in the event that I did that and then added a bit of shredded cheese so I could have a steaming bowl of chili in the hot tub for lunch, would the peanut gallery think it odd that I added this bit of additional starch to my favorite treat on a hot summer day by the pool?

I don't want to hear from anybody in North Carolina either. Can't trust those guys' opinions.

Do you put Fritos on your chili?

I just learned there is an "in the bag" option.
This is getting better.

delish-190904-frito-pie-0159-landscape-pf-1568846545.jpg

No corn chips, but yes saltines or maybe oyster crackers, especially if it's a bit on the watery side. Sometimes I'll reach for a bottle of hot sauce, too.

maybe if I was living in a van down by the river. or if I was a stoned college kid. or if I was dumpster diving and found some left over chili and a few fritos at the bottom of an open bag. lemme tell u, no drop of da bomb is big enough to hide the fact that there are frito lays in your chili.

ghetto_chili.jpeg

get yourself a loaf of french bread (I was gonna bust your cajones for going cheap with the chips but the french bread is less expensive) and toast that puppy up, thick cut it, sht make garlic bread out of it and scoop that slop up! you know, like an adult! and NC approved. nah I take that back, they prob do cornbread.

Oh *hell* no. I don't put beans in it either, you bunch of friggin' savages.

Hmmm.... yes.

And hot sauce.

Frito Pie and yes from Texas…oh and don’t even think about beans…

I'm not sure what you call it without beans. Not chili. Maybe beef stew? Hamburger soup?

Whatever it is, sounds like people are cooking it up kinda mild for the family, then added the hot sauce to bring it up to speed?

No, but I’ll put a grilled kielbasa and bun under the chili with the Fritos on the side. Add a glass of cold Killian’s or maybe a Fat Tire. (I’ll settle for Shiner Bock if that makes you Texans happier.)

Hypothetically speaking, say you were about to grab a ladle of chili out of the pot and sit down on a nice August day, Do you grab the bag of Frito Lay™ Fritos and toss a handful on top of the chili?

I don't know anyone that does this (the horror) but in the event that I did that and then added a bit of shredded cheese so I could have a steaming bowl of chili in the hot tub for lunch, would the peanut gallery think it odd that I added this bit of additional starch to my favorite treat on a hot summer day by the pool?

I don't want to hear from anybody in North Carolina either. Can't trust those guys' opinions.

Do Cheetos and Chili. That way ya don't gotta grate no cheese.

Absolutely.!!

When I was a kid my dad took me to Dairy Queen and got me a Frito Pie, very similar to the picture above but no onion. I have been hooked ever since.!!

And shredded cheese only, no liquid cheese or aerosol cheese.

Texas born here.

No Fritos. Shredded cheese and chopped onion. No hot sauce should be needed if the chili has the proper chemistry. :devil:

(dammit, now I'm hungry...)

Do you folks top chili with sour cream?

Chili....in august.....in a hot tub.....in Texas

Wtf is wrong with you?

To answer the question...fritos, cheese, onions, hot sauce, beans, meat, crackers, sour cream. Whatever you got, throw it in there.

At home, chili, no beans, no sour cream EVER, onions, saltines or oyster crackers and shredded cheddar.

Same as that eating out but beans are acceptable.

Now having grown up in Cincinnati, a couple of cheese coneys and a four way is also totally good..

But Fritos???? Next you’ll be asking about potato chips.

Cheers

Fritos aren’t out of place with chili. It’s a bit like nachos. That said, we don’t eat Fritos anymore, not since we were kids.

However, having had a mother from a southern country family, our chili has always had beans in it. It was a way to stretch the meat. That holds over to today. We have about equal beans and meat.

Hypothetically speaking, say you were about to grab a ladle of chili out of the pot and sit down on a nice August day, Do you grab the bag of Frito Lay Fritos and toss a handful on top of the chili?

Absolutely- Fritos , onions, cheese and jalapeños

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oK.. hADN'T THOUGHT OF sOUR cREAM BEFORE (UGH Stoopid caps lock)
I'm adding a bit of sour cream next time.

Chili....in august.....in a hot tub.....in Texas

Wtf is wrong with you?

To answer the question...fritos, cheese, onions, hot sauce, beans, meat, crackers, sour cream. Whatever you got, throw it in there.

Okay I was kidding about the hot tub. We had a cold snap here last week. It had been in the 100s and it got to the mid 70s.
I know that's not cold enough for chili but Chili and soup season is getting close. I got an early start that day.

Okay I was kidding about the hot tub. We had a cold snap here last week. It had been in the 100s and it got to the mid 70s.
I know that's not cold enough for chili but Chili and soup season is getting close. I got an early start that day.

My wife and I were talking about the same thing. We can’t wait for fall and next cool front we have we will whip up a batch of chili

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so what kind of hot sauce? Cholula? Louisiana? Tobasco? Dave's Ghost Pepper? Some rare/special blend?

I use a little of the first two in the chili to begin with, along with some serrano's and pasilla/guajillo/ancho blend. To boost my own I'll maybe use more Cholula.

There's nothing more American than appropriating someone else's cultural whatever, and then making it better. :)

Back