Inadvertent Medical Application Errors

falcon7777

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
falcon7777
I accidentally made errors on my medical application. What can I do to clear this up? Thanks.

Last edited:
If it has not yet been activated by an AME’s office, you can simply let it expire and then start a new one.

So long as it hasn’t been opened by the AME or sent to the FAA, you can use a new email address and start a new one or you can let this one timeout and start anew.

You can consult with your AME (they have some ability to update in office) before you handover the confirmation number and see what they say about updating in office.

If it’s gone to the FAA, don’t know what to tell you.

I accidentally made errors on my medical application. What can I do to clear this up? Thanks.

When you say "errors," do you mean you misspelled something or put in the wrong date for something, or do you mean you forgot to disclose something that you think the AME or the FAA will deem important (like a medication you're taking or a condition you have)? The former isn't a big deal; the latter could be.

If it has been activated by the ame (you gave him the code) then it won't go away. If it has been activated , at the appointment they can fix things, I answered a question incorrectly based on my history, the doc said shouldn't this question be this? I said, "you're the expert, I wasn't sure." He said "I'm going to change it to this", I said " I'm fine with that". And he fixed it. Just be honest, if you are unsure ask at the appointment. We had previously consulted about my concerns before I filled the form. So he knew what was up and I had everything I needed test wise before I got there. If you haven't had a consult before the exam and have things that might be an issue, I suggest you do one.

If it has not yet been activated by an AME’s office, you can simply let it expire and then start a new one.
So long as it hasn’t been opened by the AME or sent to the FAA, you can use a new email address and start a new one or you can let this one timeout and start anew.

You can consult with your AME (they have some ability to update in office) before you handover the confirmation number and see what they say about updating in office.

If it’s gone to the FAA, don’t know what to tell you.
It is gone to FAA

When you say "errors," do you mean you misspelled something or put in the wrong date for something, or do you mean you forgot to disclose something that you think the AME or the FAA will deem important (like a medication you're taking or a condition you have)? The former isn't a big deal; the latter could be.
One part of it is a ‘no’ to a question I was unaware that should be a ‘yes’ & I also forgot to re-report something that I did report on my last application.

Called OKC & they said as long as I send a written statement explaining what errors were made & what needs corrected it would be fine. Guy I spoke with at FAA said they will understand. Basically just want to make sure I’m not going to be accused of ‘falsification’ for errors made..

Called OKC & they said as long as I send a written statement explaining what errors were made & what needs corrected it would be fine. Guy I spoke with at FAA said they will understand. Basically just want to make sure I’m not going to be accused of ‘falsification’ for errors made..
Submitting false info requires intent and prior knowledge before doing so. Obviously there is no intent nor malicious intent so like OKC said a simple letter should suffice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back