6Y9 2021 Fly In is getting close!

Dizaster

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Diz
Looking forward to the regulars, and the newbies, and just a good time in general.
Pictures from the last 2 years have been put on the website...thanks Ed.

someone: "OMG Ed, this thing is huge now!"

edfred: "I get that a lot"

Eric, are you gonna make the trip to 6Y9 this year?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Eric, are you gonna make the trip to 6Y9 this year?

I’d like to one of these days for sure but I was leaning towards gastons but even that is a stretch. I think they had one weekend picked out that worked with my schedule but then changed it and I’m not sure that’ll work. So I have gastons, 6y9 and north fox child molester island on my list. All hauls for me unless I go rich of peak, then I have to start slowing down halfway there if I wanna make the runway.

580.gif

I think we will swing by. Still have to do a little arm twisting on the home front for the overnight @Dizaster We saw you a while ago at RR - still got some space that doesn’t involve a tent?

I think we will swing by. Still have to do a little arm twisting on the home front for the overnight @Dizaster We saw you a while ago at RR - still got some space that doesn’t involve a tent?

Glad to hear you are thinking about coming! Send me a pm and I'll let you know options.

Man I’d sure love to come - family logistics are complex right now.

What are the top 5 local highlights? Sell me (my wife) on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. GREAT PEOPLE!! The Fred's are about the best hosts you could ever hope for!!!! We sorely miss Diz and Brad (and to a lesser extent, Ed)
2. Limited to no cell phone service (unless this has changed since I was there last ~10 years ago), so no work bugging you all the time or temptation to bury face in worthless scrolling.
3. The whole town comes out (all ~100 of them) to chit chat and just hang out. VERY low-key, laid back event.
4. Did I mention the AWESOME people!?
5. Sleeping under the stars away from the buzz of city lights.
6. Oh yeah... Don't forget about the great people!

There are plenty of other reasons to go, but that should be enough. ;)

Last time I was there I saw the Northern Lights. If you need attractions you are out of luck. Not a whole lot there but lots of airplane people. That right there is my idea of a good time.

There are some outstanding waterfalls in the area to be seen, however not within walking distance of the airport. Well, not reasonable walking distance. I have taken a few people out to see some of them as has mom.

The unmatched Hoppy's Sloppy burger.

I regret to inform you that management has decreed that I am not going anywhere this summer (at least, what's left of it).

And, for the record, only 7 hours on the tach and 3 stops from the Detroit area in my LSA.

I regret to inform you that management has decreed that I am not going anywhere this summer (at least, what's left of it).

And, for the record, only 7 hours on the tach and 3 stops from the Detroit area in my LSA.

Bummer! We will miss you!

Depends what she is interested in, I guess...
We have a local museum, The Hoppy's party, the local haunt, non-aviation attendees for conversations that don't always include flying and planes :D , maybe a quad ride, maybe a group that goes to visit some of the waterfalls as Ed mentioned, a nice hang out area, possibly the Northern Lights, maybe see moose or bear or cougar (very rare for the latter but has happened), visiting with the locals themselves which can be very interesting, and as Chris said- limited cell service to remind you that you are definitely in a remote area. That's more than five.:)

Geez Diz, can't believe you forgot about Squatch sightings, LOL. Maybe that is only after some Woodfords!!

Geez Diz, can't believe you forgot about Squatch sightings, LOL. Maybe that is only after some Woodfords!!

Tim...you know the rule...what happens in Sidnaw....

cougar (very rare for the latter but has happened)

What? Cougars? And that doesn't get at least 99% of PoA posters automatically there? :D

It is seriously a great time. And it's been way too long since I was last there. :(

After some discussions about our Labor Day plans, we’re about a 75% chance of attending in the bus. Which now means I need to finish some of the intended projects before.

We’ll probably win the award for lowest, slowest, and worst fuel economy of any attendee. :D

After some discussions about our Labor Day plans, we’re about a 75% chance of attending in the bus. Which now means I need to finish some of the intended projects before.

We’ll probably win the award for lowest, slowest, and worst fuel economy of any attendee. :D
If wanted to, I could borrow boat from a friend and motor my way up there from Chicago….but, I think I’ll stick with the Mooney and do the opposite of all that. It will certainly be cool to see your ride that you’ve put lots of hard work into.

Reactions: Ted
I will give you a run for your money on that one!!

You’ll probably tie on low, and may win on slow, but I’m about certain I’ll win on the worst fuel economy!

And now we know who is driving us to Hoppy's! :D

I was going to volunteer to be a/the designated driver since I stopped drinking a few months back. I think I still have my Crown bag somewhere, though! I should see if I can find it. :)

I even have a bus! Oh wait, I don't think I want to drive a bunch of drunk people around in my bus. @AdamZ will be quick to remind me about what happens to rugs when you let drunk people in your bus/house.

If wanted to, I could borrow boat from a friend and motor my way up there from Chicago….but, I think I’ll stick with the Mooney and do the opposite of all that. It will certainly be cool to see your ride that you’ve put lots of hard work into.

Thanks, I will say it's a fun project and I'm happy with how it's progressed. Certainly nothing like a new Marathon converted Prevost, but for what it is, we're really happy with it.

I was going to volunteer to be a/the designated driver since I stopped drinking a few months back. I think I still have my Crown bag somewhere, though! I should see if I can find it. :)

I even have a bus! Oh wait, I don't think I want to drive a bunch of drunk people around in my bus. @AdamZ will be quick to remind me about what happens to rugs when you let drunk people in your bus/house.

Shhhhhhh, Tamson still thinks that was a toilet overflow. And we've never had anyone get that sloshed at Hoppy's. It was the drinking by the fire that got them tanked.

Grant, and Leslie, excellent., oh and Ted my 5.9l gets around 8.6 mpg

8.6 MPG? Yeah maybe downhill with a tailwind for me. But I tend to drive it faster.

Actually, I am wondering whether the valve adjustment will impact that any as I suspect it's out. I'll find out just how much out of spec it is when I do the work tomorrow. Some people have reported 1 MPG difference observed and others have reported 0 change. I imagine it depends on just how far out of spec it is and which direction. I also wonder whether it'll impact EGTs.

Back