3D Printed Headset Control Holders at OSH - Who was selling?

bradg33

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Esquire99
There was someone selling 3D printed headset control box holders (for Bose and Lightspeed) at Oshkosh for $10-15/each. Was setup in Vintage right along the main road (somewhere near the 195s or Comanches I think), just several boxes of holders for various headsets, being sold on the honor system. I bought one, and it's really great. I'd like at least one more (if not a couple more). Anyone have any idea who the seller was or how to contact (maybe someone took a picture of the stand)?

I need one for lightspeed zulu3. Was just looking online last week and they were crazy - $45.

I need one for lightspeed zulu3. Was just looking online last week and they were crazy - $45.

$45 is crazy for an empty Zulu3 control box? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. $45 to repair an $800 headset seems like a bargain.

Maybe I'm missing something.

$45 is crazy for an empty Zulu3 control box? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. $45 to repair an $800 headset seems like a bargain.

Maybe I'm missing something.
Yeah you seem to be. He's asking for a 3d printed mount, not the actual control box.

OP, seems you can get them on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/str/nirvanaaviation

Yes, $35-45 for a 3d printed plastic holder is quite a bit. I have some cool low temperature thermoplastic beads that you can put in hot water and mold by hand. I have used it before to make a custom thumb brace. It usually ends up looking like a child's playdoh creation, but I could mold a functional item in a few minutes. Certainly rather pay $15-20 for one to be shipped to me, but I guess I may try to mold one.

This was the guy's plane. Sorry I don't have his contact info. You could look up his N number on the FAA site.

Attachments

• 170_headset_holders.jpg
    170_headset_holders.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 56
Based on the N-Number I believe it’s the people that own https://www.tbostudio.com. I just sent them a message through their contact form asking if they were the ones selling the holders, asking for one for an A-20 and a Zulu 3, and letting them know there are others on this board that might be interested.

I will let you know what I hear.

gary

I guess I have to finally go buy a printer. A cheap one only costs as much as 2-4 of these holders.

Edit - no files for Zulu 3

This was the guy's plane. Sorry I don't have his contact info. You could look up his N number on the FAA site.
Thanks for the picture. I don’t think I could possibly explain this to the “Why are you so in love with general aviation?” folks without a picture.

Back