1981 beachcraft skipper 77 uneven fuel

Ed Schneiderhan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ed
I have un even fuel from right to left wing tank. my right tank doesn't draw as much. I checked the vents for restriction and my check valve works. Anyone have the same issues .
thanks Ed

Fly straight, keep the ball centered. I used to fly Skippers, nice little airplanes, but you need to keep that ball centered or it will suck more fuel from one tank than the other.

Nothing unique here. I see the same problem with the C-172s and the C-182 in the club.

Does it have a right/left/both selector? Don't park transverse across a hill. The uphill tank could drain downhill and overflow the downhill tank. You could fly it like a Piper, left for 60 minutes, right for 60 minutes, ... :)

Does it have a right/left/both selector? Don't park transverse across a hill. The uphill tank could drain downhill and overflow the downhill tank. You could fly it like a Piper, left for 60 minutes, right for 60 minutes, ... :)

There is no left/right/both selector in skippers, it draws from both tanks.

It’s a Skipper quirk. I’ve seen the same in both I’ve flown. Made me wonder what would happen if one tank runs dry if it’ll start sucking more from the other…

It’s a Skipper quirk. I’ve seen the same in both I’ve flown. Made me wonder what would happen if one tank runs dry if it’ll start sucking more from the other…
Might just suck air from the empty side.

Does the skipper have a common header tank both mains feed?
Skipper POH has a fuel system description and diagram on pages 7-16,17. No mention of a header tank. Fuel path description follows:
Fuel is fed from the fuel tanks through a fuel selector valve in the center floorboard and then through a strainer to the engine-driven fuel pump.

Back