Ordered new Tecnam P2010

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
I've done my research and decided the Tecnam P2010 with IO390 215 HP engine is for me and my flight missions. Dave Copeland from Tecnam US and Mark from Delta Aviation are great. I spoke to other Tecnam dealers and settled on Delta Aviation because Mark is more local to me than the others and really worked with me on my options and price.

Today I sent them a small refundable deposit. Tomorrow I have a demo flight. And three business days later I either send them the deposit balance, or cancel. Can't image the latter but we will see.

I plan to post my ongoing experiences here for others to follow.

Cool... congratulations. What's the lead time?

Nice. Can you give info on mission and how it fits?

Tim

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

3 months which makes it a 2022 model. So I expect to pick it up in Florida in November and fly it home to California (not in one day...)
Wow. I would've expected MUCH longer.

What made you choose something like this instead of a 182 or similar?

Nice. Can you give info on mission and how it fits?

Tim

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Mostly just me, sometimes significant other and a dog, $100 (plus) hamburger. I wanted some density altitude capability too...

Additionally, some longer cross countries (across state lines) with overnights for fun.

Will also mix in business use instead of commercial travel.

Basically, it's like a 172+

Demo flight of the P2010 with 215 HP went well, Saturday. Very tight controls, very responsive, so I had to make some adjustments from the 16-20 year old 172s I've been flying. We flew from a 5900 foot elevation airport and 92 degrees F outside, so significant DA. About 600 lbs between us and fuel, and the plane still climbed almost 500 feet per minute. Easy to land but besure to keep the nose up.

It's a beautiful Italian airplane. Significant ramp presence and luxurious interior with the premium Italian leather. Great visibility with tinted side windows. Everything is within reach of the pilot.

I have made the decision to move forward and purchase this plane. Deposit has been wired so I'm all in and anxiously waiting on delivery.

74c292b2cc1191860ac1c8ef9f246219.jpg

Congratulations, I’m jealous.

I have made the decision to move forward and purchase this plane. Deposit has been wired so I'm all in and anxiously waiting on delivery.

Oooh, Rosso Corsa (Ferrari) red... nice!

Congrats. You'll grow to love the free castering nosewheel.

Congratulations Scott. We’ll be looking forward to the report on the trip home once you pick it up.

Any chance / interest and you flying along on the ferry trip to the US? That’s a trip I’ve always wanted to make.

gary

Congratulations Scott. We’ll be looking forward to the report on the trip home once you pick it up.

Any chance / interest and you flying along on the ferry trip to the US? That’s a trip I’ve always wanted to make.

gary
Tecnam ships it in a container to Sebring FL where it is put together... I pick it up there and fly it back to SoCal. That should be in November.

I've always thought Tecnam had great designs and their execution is fantastic. Enjoy that bird!

Demo flight of the P2010 with 215 HP went well, Saturday. Very tight controls, very responsive, so I had to make some adjustments from the 16-20 year old 172s I've been flying. We flew from a 5900 foot elevation airport and 92 degrees F outside, so significant DA. About 600 lbs between us and fuel, and the plane still climbed almost 500 feet per minute. Easy to land but besure to keep the nose up.

It's a beautiful Italian airplane. Significant ramp presence and luxurious interior with the premium Italian leather. Great visibility with tinted side windows. Everything is within reach of the pilot.

74c292b2cc1191860ac1c8ef9f246219.jpg

That is like a 9500' density altitude. Very impressive. How far below MTOW were you?

I occasionally fly a Tecnam P92. Nice plane with two Dynon screens. Other than the electric flaps, which I hate on any airplane, it’s a fun aircraft to fly and show off the Italian Design flair.

Congratulations on the newest version.

Cheers

congrats! my old hangar neighbor had one of those, it looked pretty nice.

Well it's been two weeks since I ordered the plane and time is crawling by...!

I ordered a manual, the Aircraft Flight Manual of a similar configured plane, just to get a jump on the reading as I hate PDF files.

Back at the end of June I reserved a tail number and just yesterday I see on line that it is now in my name, but I have yet to receive the paperwork. The FAA website says the process takes three weeks, looks like nine weeks is more accurate. Fingers crossed Delta Aviation (my dealer) and Tecnam will have enough time to use my tail number. Since I have no serial number yet and delivery is more than two months out, I'm hopeful they have the time!

I will continue posting my experiences here as they happen...

Congratulations .
It looks like a beautiful aircraft .

I can't imagine the anticipation. I'm on tenterhooks when mine is in the shop for a week or two.

I would run right out and order a DA-62, but the $8,345.21 monthly financed payment says no.

The P2010 is my second choice and an excellent choice!

Well it's been two weeks since I ordered the plane and time is crawling by...!

I ordered a manual, the Aircraft Flight Manual of a similar configured plane, just to get a jump on the reading as I hate PDF files.

Back at the end of June I reserved a tail number and just yesterday I see on line that it is now in my name, but I have yet to receive the paperwork. The FAA website says the process takes three weeks, looks like nine weeks is more accurate. Fingers crossed Delta Aviation (my dealer) and Tecnam will have enough time to use my tail number. Since I have no serial number yet and delivery is more than two months out, I'm hopeful they have the time!

I will continue posting my experiences here as they happen...

Talk to the dealer and Tecnam delivery folks about your N-Number. They should be able to process everything you need to get the N-Number assigned to your aircraft/serial #. It should be something they do on a regular basis and have the connections to make it seamless to you.

Congrats !

It must me nice to look forward to 'new airplane day'.

I am shocked that this being POA, the thread hasn't degraded by people calling you a danger to aviation by buying a new plane and trying to convince you that what you really want is a 50 year old 182/M20c/strut-wing 210.....

Congrats !

It must me nice to look forward to 'new airplane day'.

I am shocked that this being POA, the thread hasn't degraded by people calling you a danger to aviation by buying a new plane and trying to convince you that what you really want is a 50 year old 182/M20c/strut-wing 210.....
I'm buying a new plane to increase the used plane market a few years down the road... Without people like me there would be fewer used planes and those would be even more expensive than they are today!

I'm buying a new plane to increase the used plane market a few years down the road... Without people like me there would be fewer used planes and those would be even more expensive than they are today!
Way to take one for the team! :)

What's the ballpark price on one of these (if you don't mind my asking)?

Awesome! make sure to post here when you are trading up to a new model!

Tim

Seriously thinking about the 2008 I saw at Oshkosh. Huge stretch to the budget, but I might be able to make it work in a couple of months.

Received written "Confirmation of Reservation of United States Registration Number" from the FAA today for my personalized tail number.

Since I reserved the tail number in my personal name, and the plane will be owned and used by the corporation, I had to write a letter to the FAA authorizing my release of the tail number to my corporation. That release will be included in the purchase and registration paperwork submitted to the FAA at the appropriate time. I have sent all this paperwork to my dealer Mark Woods at Delta Aviation.

Since I have yet to receive a serial number on my plane, and it's not yet shipped from Italy to America (Sebring, FL) they should be able to put my tail number on the new plane when being built.

If all goes according to plan I'm about 2 months away from picking it up in Sebring, Florida, and flying it back to Southern California! Having trouble waiting....

I'm guessing your tail number will be "Special Edition" or "Single Engine". :)

Asked for an update from my dealer and Tecnam US rep on 9/15/21...

In the meantime, and before I obtain an insurance quote and pilot requirements for my new P2010, I'm building High Performance time in a 182.

Will post the update once received.

Back