Anyone flown to Canada from the USA recently? Question

kicktireslightfires

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kicktireslightfires
If flying into Canada, can you land at an AOE just to pickup a pax without needing a COVID test? Not leaving the airport, heck not even leaving the airplane, just landing, taxing to FBO, picking up a passenger and taking off again.

If flying into Canada, can you land at an AOE just to pickup a pax without needing a COVID test? Not leaving the airport, heck not even leaving the airplane, just landing, taxing to FBO, picking up a passenger and taking off again.
Check out the “technical” stop per the current Alaska planning thread. The picking up a passenger is a bit of a wrinkle but I’m not sure why it couldn’t work. Obviously, contact Canadian border authorities for the definitive word on the matter. Flying back to the USA may be a bigger hassle unless you get all your clearances in order for such a short turnaround.

I had a somewhat related situation a few years back, before Covid. I called Canadian Customs at the AOE, talked to someone. They gave me an answer, also said that the allowance offered was only given for that particular AOE, the next may be different.

I filed their name, met them later, no problems. I’d try to call & ask. Don’t you have to get back to the USA next too?

I did a tech/fuel stop in Canada on 7-August (before Canada began allowing non-essential travelers)...
https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/com...ska-2021-part-1-planning.133114/#post-3126928
... see replay #27 for an update on how the stop went.

As others have mentioned on this thread, how your passenger gets thru all this and the possible US entry is another matter.
Have a good trip,
Wayne

Canada requires a fresh molecular C19 lab test (not the quick test) for normal entry even if you're already fully vaccinated — a friend just went through that returning to Canada from the US. That might not apply to a technical stop, I think, but still best to confirm. It also doesn't apply to truckers, etc.

Canada requires a fresh molecular C19 lab test (not the quick test) for normal entry even if you're already fully vaccinated — a friend just went through that returning to Canada from the US. That might not apply to a technical stop, I think, but still best to confirm. It also doesn't apply to truckers, etc.

Did your friend fly commercial or private and was he crew or passenger?

Last edited:
Back