2004 Turbo 182T

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
Looking at used Turbo 182T. G1000, ADS-B but no WAAS. In not IR at this time so how important is WAAS?

From what I understand, legacy G1000 with no WAAS cannot be upgraded now....

Lots of money for not getting WAAS. I see WAAS as helping with workload on approaches since you’ll get GPS vertical guidance. I fly a couple of planes now that don’t have it and I wish they did.

LPV and you don’t have to call Raymond. However, if it’s a sweet deal then I’d give up LPV for a nicer plane. You ought not be fooling around with LIFR in a single anyhow. Of course, you can get low on the ILS still.

Just a random thought...while it might be expensive to add a WAAS GPS later, that would still be a lot less expensive than trying to add a turbo to a non-turbo 182. :) I don't know how rare turbo 182's are, though, nor if high DA operation is an important consideration.

Looking at used Turbo 182T. G1000, ADS-B but no WAAS. In not IR at this time so how important is WAAS?

From what I understand, legacy G1000 with no WAAS cannot be upgraded now....

How does it have ADS-B and no WAAS? I thought ADSB required a WAAS position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it have ADS-B and no WAAS? I thought ADSB required a WAAS position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The uAvionix (tail beacon, sky beacon, etc.) units have WAAS GPS built in.

How much does one of those cost? How much more than one with a 180hp engine?

Depends on options, but when I checked prior to Covid about $380K. Probably higher today?

For all intents and purposes its the plane Cessna should have built as the successor to the 172SP. Think 172SP price range with performance approaching 182 speed.

If buying one, be aware Tecnam has 2 interior options. The better interior is slightly more expensive and has adult sized seats with adjustable cushions for leg length.

Giving up on buying a used 182 as they are too overpriced. Pivoting to a new Tecnam P2010 with 215 HP engine....

The P2010 is a nice plane but its closer to a 172SP than a 182 in terms of useful load. They are really nice as long as you can get by with a 4 seater with 800lb useful load.

Anymore, an airplane without LPV capability, especially a serious traveling airplane like a turbo 182, is at a severe disadvantage both in capability and in the market.

I have flown many trips that would not even have been possible without LPV.

Ran a quick Google search and dug up this W&B sheet showing 866lb useful:
https://americanflightschools.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/N143TU-WB-updated-1.18.2021.pdf

That’s interesting. Looks like they installed a different cowling that was 11 lbs lighter than the original. Also I wonder if that P2010 has the bigger engine? From my very limited experience 800 +- 30 is about what you get depending on options. Even if it is 866 that not a lot honestly with full fuel.

That’s interesting. Looks like they installed a different cowling that was 11 lbs lighter than the original. Also I wonder if that P2010 has the bigger engine? From my very limited experience 800 +- 30 is about what you get depending on options. Even if it is 866 that not a lot honestly with full fuel.
So I dug around a little more. Turns out that particular airplane is for rent:
https://americanflightschools.com/aircraft/n143tu/

And for sale:
https://americanflightschools.com/aircraft-for-sale/

It's 180hp, so full fuel (61gal) seems a bit overkill.

I'd rather have the 182 for sale on that page.

Back