Got COVID?

Do you personally know of someone with a positive COVID test within 2 weeks of attending Airventure?

• Yes

• No

• I know someone who had symptoms, but didn’t get tested or I don’t know their test results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasticCigar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Plastic Cigar
I’ve been reading sporadic reports online about people testing positive for COVID after attending Oshkosh this year. Just wondering if anyone has any direct experience with this or if it is all just rumors?

Yes, it is not a "rumor." We had a volunteer that worked in the Vintage Flight Line Operations building who tested COVID positive. Fortunately, we track all the people who worked at each station so we knew who were possibly exposed (including myself). Fortunately, all of us who ran out and got tested came back negative.

I left Friday morning and got home that evening. I was not feeling bad on
Sat. but had chills, post nasal drip, a slight cough and generally didn't
feel good on Sunday.

This morning I had the rapid test for Covid and the pharmacist says I
tested positive and probably am on day three of exposure. I have been
vaccinated in Jan. & Feb.

I know 2 people who were no where near Oshkosh, but were infected and are fully vaccinated. It's going to get bad again.

I know of a vaccinated OSH visitor that picked up C19 there. This should not be a surprise with the volume of people that there and the fact that even vaccinated people can still acquire it, as reduced as the risk is.

fine, I'll put this here............

I could tell u all a killer delta variant joke but 99.89% of you won’t get it.

also, can you share links to the reports you've been reading?

Well, there’s one two posts above yours…

I know 2 people who were no where near Oshkosh, but were infected and are fully vaccinated. It's going to get bad again.
I know at least four vaccinated people who were no where near Oshkosh and tested positive. It happens. It will happen again next year, and the year after that, and the year after that . . . .

Last edited:
Well, there’s one two posts above yours…

so SGOTI posted AFTER you created your post and that's your reference? solid. you said you "read reports", still waiting to see the reports you read prior to posting. also, I take whatever he says with a grain of salt, but he does mention one person while all the rest were ok. but these days we only focus on the minute percentage and blow that way the he ll out of proportion.

Disappointed at how you guys are so afraid of an open dialogue that you do everything possible to silence a discussion or even an attempt to gather information about people’s personal experiences.

I tried to frame the question in an objective manner and gave no opinions, attacks or criticisms in any way and you guys are so afraid of letting people share their personal experiences that you do everything possible to shut it down if there’s any chance it might conflict with your preferred narrative.

Disappointed at how you guys are so afraid of an open dialogue that you do everything possible to silence a discussion or even an attempt to gather information about people’s personal experiences.

I tried to frame the question in an objective manner and gave no opinions, attacks or criticisms in any way and you guys are so afraid of letting people share their personal experiences that you do everything possible to shut it down if there’s any chance it might conflict with your preferred narrative.

I think my point was made........you said you read reports. I'd like to see the reports. that is all, not much more to it. well, given that you haven't produced the reports, I think we know where the "preferred narrative" originated.

I tried to get it.....and shook hands with all 600,000 folks. To no avail....I'm fine.

btw....the vaccine will not stop this virus. Proof, the vaccinated are getting it just as much as the non-vaxr's.

We had to quarantine half the office this week. An (undisclosed) unvaccinated person got diagnosed with COVID after exposing several of us. We are all vaccinated. That's no guarantee, but hopefully will keep us out of the the poop.

Last edited:
My copilot tested positive 4 days after we left OSH. He was not vaccinated. Could have gotten infected anywhere in the 2 weeks prior. Flew commercial from Houston, then spam can from here to South 40.

I had the plague in December and got the 2x vaccine this Spring. So far so good.

IBTL.

Your personal experience(s) will be called lies by other posters because they don't like what your personal experience was. There is no open discussion here regarding this topic.

I do wonder what percentage of the “vaccinated and then infected” are ones who have fake cards and vax registrations.

Your personal experience(s) will be called lies by other posters because they don't like what your personal experience was. There is no open discussion here regarding this topic.

That seems like an effective way for mature adults to have a conversation. Seems like just letting people share their personal experiences is too much for some to handle.

Not true. While Delta seems more easily spread to vaccinated people, it is no where near any suggested 50/50 split.
98.6% of all who get it do just fine (if you're younger than 60 your odds are much better).....nor worries pal. ;)

mask, christianity, islam, democrat, republican.

There, that should send the thread on its way to its predetermined end.

you forgot the ultimate trump card....

oh, and IBTL

98.6% of all who get it do just fine (if you're younger than 60 your odds are much better).....nor worries pal. ;)
That still doesn't address your 50/50 assertion which remains wrong.

And quoting a death statistic meaning everyone else does "just fine" overlooks some important facts. People who survive may still end up in the hospital. They might max out their insurance and end up in substantial debt. They also tie up hospital beds that may be un available to heart attack, stroke, and traffic accident victims. Additionally, some percentage of survivors end up with long term health concerns including permanent organ damage. So, I don't think we can say COVID victims will be "just fine" if they don't die.

Nature gonna nature.

Maybe the earth is trying to fight back.

The regular flu does that to folks....every year. no difference. This time we have the media pushing the narrative. ;)
That still doesn't address your 50/50 assertion which remains wrong.

And quoting a death statistic meaning everyone else does "just fine" overlooks some important facts. People who survive may still end up in the hospital. They might max out their insurance and end up in substantial debt. They also tie up hospital beds that may be un available to heart attack, stroke, and traffic accident victims. Additionally, some percentage of survivors end up with long term health concerns including permanent organ damage. So, I don't think we can say COVID victims will be "just fine" if they don't die.

That seems like an effective way for mature adults to have a conversation. Seems like just letting people share their personal experiences is too much for some to handle.

for what, like the 5th time or so......."I read several reports"....that you still haven't supplied links to.... isn't a personal experience (well I guess it would be if it was true). I have no prob with you asking the question and posting the poll and starting a conversation........I do have a problem with you making up lies in an attempt to support one side of the conversation.

I'm curious how people who are not vaxed but have had covid are doing. I don't hear about that anywhere.
Most people in my community have had it (covid) and I have not heard of any reinfections around here. And no one wears masks. Well, there was one visitor in church a couple weeks ago that wore one.

for what, like the 5th time or so......."I read several reports"....that you still haven't supplied links to.... isn't a personal experience (well I guess it would be if it was true). I have no prob with you asking the question and posting the poll and starting a conversation........I do have a problem with you making up lies in an attempt to support one side of the conversation.
Well, to be fair, "I’ve been reading sporadic reports online" is very non-specific. Forum posts are "reports", as are emails from friends, whatever. He didn't say he had read reports from news sources or anything like that, he's only stated what he's read reports from completely unspecified sources.

I'm curious how people who are not vaxed but have had covid are doing. I don't hear about that anywhere.
Most people in my community have had it (covid) and I have not heard of any reinfections around here. And no one wears masks. Well, there was one visitor in church a couple weeks ago that wore one.
They do slightly better than vaxr's.....see the Clevland Clinc recent study. You won't hear about it....it's counter to the media narrative.

The people that I know that have gotten Covid and are still unvaxxed are doing fine. None of them have any long term issues. Age ranges from young 20s to late 60s.

Well, to be fair, "I’ve been reading sporadic reports online" is very non-specific. Forum posts are "reports", as are emails from friends, whatever. He didn't say he had read reports from news sources or anything like that, he's only stated what he's read reports from completely unspecified sources.

disagree. an email is very specific (not very valid, but specific). a forum post is specific. any source that actually exists is specific, doesn't have to be a news source, which clearly are about the most unreliable sources these days, but they can still be referenced via a link. once said references are supplied, THEN we can have a somewhat intelligent conversation about them. but making up references to support an idea, well that's just so cnn of you (not YOU you, you know what I'm saying).

I had original COVID in November. I got vaxxed in April. After being around tens of thousands of people at an event three weeks ago, unmasked, I got delta variant.
It was like a bad cold, with an absolutely gut-wrenching amount of sneezing! But I didn't lose my sense of taste or smell.

disagree. an email is very specific (not very valid, but specific). a forum post is specific. any source that actually exists is specific, doesn't have to be a news source, which clearly are about the most unreliable sources these days, but they can still be referenced via a link. once said references are supplied, THEN we can have a somewhat intelligent conversation about them. but making up references to support an idea, well that's just so cnn of you (not YOU you, you know what I'm saying).
Bwahahaha. We've never met (to my recollection), and you still know enough to toss in that last bit. :) Anyway, for your reading enjoyment. Both from the EAA forum, and in total I count two 'reports'. With 600K people in close proximity for a week, I think it would be close to a certainty that there would be some spread from the event. I haven't heard any squawking from the news media about a super-spreader event in Wisconsin, though, so apparently there were fewer cases resulting from Airventure than there were from some campaign dinners and Florida pool parties.

Any COVID? (eaaforums.org)
Airventure: Good, Bad, and Ugly - Page 2 (eaaforums.org)

verb
  1. 1.
    give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.

I have no desire to debate sources with you and make you the arbitrator of what you consider to be adequate or inadequate. Truthfully, I’m not sure why you think you deserve that role.

My intention was never to have a “debate” with you and I never asked for one. It was to collect people’s personal experiences. I’m sorry you feel so strongly compelled to interfere with that.

verb
  1. 1.
    give a spoken or written account of something that one has observed, heard, done, or investigated.

I have no desire to debate sources with you and make you the arbitrator of what you consider to be adequate or inadequate. Truthfully, I’m not sure why you think you deserve that role.

My intention was never to have a “debate” with you and I never asked for one. It was to collect people’s personal experiences. I’m sorry you feel so strongly compelled to interfere with that.

I'm compelled to interfere with your lies. have a nice day!

Bwahahaha. We've never met (to my recollection), and you still know enough to toss in that last bit. :) Anyway, for your reading enjoyment. Both from the EAA forum, and in total I count two 'reports'. With 600K people in close proximity for a week, I think it would be close to a certainty that there would be some spread from the event. I haven't heard any squawking from the news media about a super-spreader event in Wisconsin, though, so apparently there were fewer cases resulting from Airventure than there were from some campaign dinners and Florida pool parties.

Any COVID? (eaaforums.org)
Airventure: Good, Bad, and Ugly - Page 2 (eaaforums.org)

I won't even read your links but at least you took like 2 seconds to google it and come up with something. the OP couldn't even do that to cover up his lies, and it could have been so easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back