Degreaser for bottom of airplane?

Just did mine today with GoJo, piece of cake, need at least 2 of the small containers though. Much easier than mineral spirits that I used last time. Next step - polish and wax the underside.

This is hilarious... everyone is randomly applying various chemicals to the paint.

Anyone know what corrosion is? Those random liquids seep into fayed surfaces and sit and cause corrosion.

WD-40 is about the worst. It dries and forms a sticky water attracting residue. Be sure to wash it all off with water... oh wait, WD-40, when wet, repels water.

Soap and water. You need nothing more.

This is hilarious... everyone is randomly applying various chemicals to the paint.

Anyone know what corrosion is? Those random liquids seep into fayed surfaces and sit and cause corrosion.

WD-40 is about the worst. It dries and forms a sticky water attracting residue. Be sure to wash it all off with water... oh wait, WD-40, when wet, repels water.

Soap and water. You need nothing more.

What’s a “fayed surface”?

Are these various chems worse than the oily contaminated leaded hydrocarbons they are taking off?

I have yet to see a plane belly look worse than a top surface or leading edge, but I may not have been around longer than you.

Until one of the components in WD-40 is suspected of causing ill, WD-40 FTW for me.

Back