Mention of Marijuana - will I need to be monitored?

J

Josh M.

Hey all,

Long story short, dealing with an SI for medication, not substance abuse. About 15 years ago, I partook in marijuana socially, never chronic use. I've never been in trouble with anything, no tickets, dui, dwi etc... I've just mentioned it to a therapist that I've smoked before. I was honest with my HIMS Dr, and with the HIMS physc. Neither of them seem concerned. It's been 5 years since I've smoked..do you think I'll need to be monitored?

I'm not worried if the answer is yes, it's whatever, I understand. But I'm also sure I'll have to pay for the pee test etc...so I need to plan this in my budget for what I'm dealing with if so.

Can you clarify a bit. From the period 15 years ago to 5 years ago, were you using throughout that period, whether intermittent or not?

Always intermittent, never chronic use. I literally did it socially with groups of friends. Last time I smoked was during a 4rth of july party in 2017. I guess you can say, I would smoke like one would have a beer at a part here n there.

it will up to your HIMS team and the FAA.

Last edited:
We'll wait for "the rest of the story", but why are you even talking to a HIMS doctor in the first place?

It's not exactly the normal path to an FAA medical.

We'll wait for "the rest of the story", but why are you even talking to a HIMS doctor in the first place?

It's not exactly the normal path to an FAA medical.

Because I'm seeking an SI after a deferral for medication. My letter required me to meet and be evaluated for being on "said" approved medication.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back