Seeing some new 2021 trucks on the car lots.

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
Does this mean that the needed chips are arriving and the flow new auto product has begun? I don't expect the prices to come down but it may be a start in the right direction.

GM shut down the lines again for another week due to the chip shortage. Probably going to be early next year before this sorts out, at best.

I know some are being released without the chips. On the Fords the missing chips controlled the cylinder deactivation on the engine, new for 2021, something most of us would prefer not to have anyway.

I think the cylinder deactivation was GM. I'm not aware that Ford has any engines using that tech, but they do use the auto start/stop.

:( I would like a newish truck, but I am not willing to pay the current pricing.

I think the cylinder deactivation was GM. I'm not aware that Ford has any engines using that tech, but they do use the auto start/stop.

The 2021 F-150 with the V8 was supposed to have it, first year of it.

I know some are being released without the chips. On the Fords the missing chips controlled the cylinder deactivation on the engine, new for 2021, something most of us would prefer not to have anyway.

our 2016 Tahoe has it. You wouldn’t even be able to tell when the cylinders deactivate if it wasn’t for the light coming on that tells you. No problems with the system.

Don't you notice when the prop stops?:)
our 2016 Tahoe has it. You wouldn’t even be able to tell when the cylinders deactivate if it wasn’t for the light coming on that tells you. No problems with the system.

Don't you notice when the prop stops?:)

I've had it on two GM vehicles and it's pretty much imperceptible, except in the increased amount of oil consumption and negligible fuel savings, lol.

That’s weird, I just bought a 2022 GMC Denali.. I just got lucky and saw it delivered overnight and called my salesman. My dealer has received at least 5 new HD trucks this week and several Yukons so maybe they found some chips however they don’t last long as they sell the same day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back