Recommendation for overnight stop in Maine

Rwrink

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rwrink
Hello
Long time listener, first time poster.
I bought a Pitts(Ultimate) and I'm bringing it up from Virginia to New Brunswick Canada.
I'm looking for a recommended airport in Maine to overnight. GA friendly with a hangar spot.
Aug 13 or 14 th
Nearby hotel with clean sheets a bonus.

Any other GA friendly airports on route would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Rob

Congrats! I can't offer any advice, because as a (fellow?) Canadian pilot, I always fly over Maine but never land in it. Just curious where you're going to be based in NB (I'm in Ontario, but used to visit CYFC a lot when my daughter lived in Freddie).

Portland has always been a GA friendly destination for me. I'll bet they could set you up with an overnight hangar. There are lots of hotels and good places to eat in Portland. Gritty McDuff's is a excellent English-style pub.

+1 to Portland. Grab a hotel downtown and have dinner at Scales. I usually stay at the portland regency when I go for the weekend. it's within walking distance of everything. Walk along commercial street there is a lot of cool bars, restaurants, and shops.

How about Sanford, KSFM? Famous for Pilot's Cove Cafe on-field.

Definitely recommend Portland. I’ve had very good experiences with Mac Jets at PWM. The FBO is top notch and fuel and hanger fees are very reasonable.

Another vote for Portland. Great city. Do the mail run on the ferry if you want to kill some time and check out some nice scenery.

Please visit the Bay of Fundy, if you never have. It's on my bucket list. If I were to fly my Warrior, I am guessing the best airport would be Moncton, NB (CYQM)?

I recently stopped in Portland for an overnight on a return to FL in a C-172. Gorgeous flying in/out. Mac Air fbo was great. Lots of excellent restaurants in the old port area just a short Uber ride away.

If you end up stopping in Portland, try to get over to Definitive Brewing Company (if you're into craft beer).

Please visit the Bay of Fundy, if you never have. It's on my bucket list. If I were to fly my Warrior, I am guessing the best airport would be Moncton, NB (CYQM)?
Already done and worth

Appreciate the info everyone. Portland for the win.
I'll let you all know how it goes.
Thanks

image.jpeg I had flown approaches into Portland a few years ago and I forgot how great their controllers are. Super airport to land at and the folks at Mac Jets were awesome.
Thanks for the recommend guys.

Glad it all worked out. Mac Jets is the best.

beautiful airplane by the way- great picture.

Back