Woman Seriously Injured After A Plane Crashes Into Her Kayak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoying format to that article. Just one piece of information per paragraph with ads in between. Hate that style of website.

Is it written by some sort of computer algorithm that takes a different actual news article, chops it up based on some keywords, and then adds all the ads?

I see relevant photos and a map between paragraphs, not ads.
However, I did find something in the style of the article which annoyed me. Even though the kayaker was identified in the headline and first sentence as a woman, the writer refers to the kayaker as "they" and "them." Since there was only one person on the kayak as far as we know, this makes me cringe.
Interesting accident though.
Jon

However, I did find something in the style of the article which annoyed me. Even though the kayaker was identified in the headline and first sentence as a woman, the writer refers to the kayaker as "they" and "them." Since there was only one person on the kayak as far as we know, this makes me cringe.
Jon

I agree 100%, but welcome to the new Woke rules. One should never pre-suppose another's gender identity, comrade.

Just be sure to pronounce the river properly, it's Willamette, damn it.

Jon

Two possibilities:
- transgender
- sloppy editing
- multiple personality disorder

I'm annoyed the pilot crashed into "them". 100% pilot error, can't keep doing stuff like this

Hilarious to me how wrapped around the axle you people get when we try to just be humane to others.

Cry more.

When I (He/Him, OK?) am being prodded to put my pronouns in my email signatures and messaging avatars, in the spirit of "making people comfortable", while hypocritically being told that nobody should feel compelled to tell you their identity, I'll tell you and your oh-so-humane ilk to bite me (He/Him)

Last edited:
QUOTE="PeterNSteinmetz, post: 3124284, member: 26407"]I wonder if there is a real news article somewhere about this incident.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I did see it on Fox news.com though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back