I am not proud

"Shame is temporary. Glory is forever." -- my classmate immediately before we hounded Sandra Day O'Connor to take a picture with us

Did his plane look like this?
919498.jpg
It looked EXACTLY like that!

John and Martha were guests at my old house. John thought my bar gun was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. We get Christmas cards from him. The man has an amazing memory. Years later when I moved to NC, I sent a card to everybody on our Christmas card list that we had moved. Months later I show up at Oshkosh and John sees me and asks about the new house.

The same party had Gerrie Mock throwing back vodka and tonics to the wee hours.

As I was refueling at the Apple Valley (APV) self-service pump, a guy in a beautiful sporty-looking airplane taxied up behind me, with his cockpit bubble open. I commented "nice plane." When I finished refueling, I pulled my plane out of the way as expeditiously as possible. Then he called over to me, asking if I wanted my receipt. When I went over to retrieve it, he said, "My name's Richard, too." I said "Good name."

Afterwards, the locals who had invited me to have some food with them told me that it was Dick Rutan.

About 20 plus years ago when I was working line service, a red Pitts S2 sized biplane landed in a pretty strong crosswind. I complimented the pilot on his landing and his Pitts skills.
When I processed the credit card, it said Sean D. Tucker.

dude, no. too many dirty hippies for my liking. but the joke works better if I say I was there.........c'mon, man!
Yeah, yeah. I missed the punchline worthiness. But ya coulda been. Your avatar has a certain ‘burnliness’ to it. Put wheels on it and it would be an Art Car. The College kids, celebrities, jet setters and 1 percenters took over from the hippies years ago btw

Yeah, yeah. I missed the punchline worthiness. But ya coulda been. Your avatar has a certain ‘burnliness’ to it. Put wheels on it and it would be an Art Car. The College kids, celebrities, jet setters and 1 percenters took over from the hippies years ago btw

I actually would go, if there were showers and a rehab nearby.

I met the Kings at a CFI reval course put on by AOPA back in the '70s.

We were all much younger then and they don't seem to have changed much since then.

We can only hope they are able to keep it up for yet another generation of pilot wannabees!

Does anyone else think she has this “pleeease get me out of this marriage” look on her face? For those looking at her face……

Did you want to help her out with that?

It could be the "Stop pimping me out for clicks" look as well.

But I'll admit that when it comes to women I'm not the best of face readers...

It could be the "Stop pimping me out for clicks" look as well.

But I'll admit that when it comes to women I'm not the best of face readers...

All wishful thinking... It's the expression that goes with repeating the phrase "smile and suck the tummy in, cameras on". My bet would be she's the better business person of the pair. Great person I'm sure, but it's a livelihood.

Back