Otter Box

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Wife & I both have high end smart phones. The other day she got into her car, and while getting in, her phone detached from her clothing and slid under her car. She didn't discover it until she had driven away. The phone had slid under her SUV and landed face down. The rear tire tracks passed over the phone.
Except for replacing the protective screen over the lens the phone was untouched.

I have to give a shout out for Otter Box.

Paul
Salome, AZ.

I had an Otter Box on my last phone and it was great! Definitely cheap insurance!

Agree. I once had their Ft Knox level case, I forget the name. My new phone has the much smaller Commuter case, which is still really impressive protection

Too thick to use with an inductive charger, though.

Agree. I once had their Ft Knox level case, I forget the name. My new phone has the much smaller Commuter case, which is still really impressive protection

Too thick to use with an inductive charger, though.

My wife’s iphone is in a Commuter and she uses an inductive charger with it. Works fine.

We've had Otter boxes on our last two or three smart phones. Never broke a phone, only broke one or two cases. Definitely have my vote.

So does mine.

Cheers

I’d noted the online reviews were split between works and doesn’t work. Mine doesn’t work, but my wife was happy to take the inductive charger I bought off my hands. She has a different case.

The phone manufacturers go through serious engineering decisions to make the phones as thin and bezel-less as possible. Then the first thing the customer does is wrap them in rubber and make them thicker and more cumbersome. Then some functions don't always work like wireless charging or its hard to actuate the buttons or fingerprint readers. Cases are not for me.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of color choices for the Otter Box Defender cases.

The phone manufacturers go through serious engineering decisions to make the phones as thin and bezel-less as possible. Then the first thing the customer does is wrap them in rubber and make them thicker and more cumbersome.

Remember the bright yellow and grey Sony Walkman Sport models? I always thought Apple was missing the boat not offering a similar iPhone “Sport” model.

I used Otterboxes for years and I’m a fan. However, on something like an iPhone 12 Pro Max, one like their Defender model would add so much bulk as to start affecting its “pocketability”. I’ve switched to slimmer cases - not unlike their Commuter model - which so far have protected the phone quite well, even surviving hitting the road falling off a bicycle. Twice.

I have a Pelican so far so good. Never heard of the Otter Box

Left my phone with an Otterbox on the roof of my work car. Made it about two miles down the road before seeing a mysterious object fall down the c-pillar, then getting flung by the rear tires. I backtracked to pick up the pieces (once I realized what it was) and to my amazement, only the corner of the case and the screen protector were damaged.

I have also used UAG (Urban Armor Gear), which is slightly less bulky. I use a Quad Lock for my motorcycle, and it seems to work well, but I doubt offers quite the wrap-around protection of the Otterbox.

Used an Otter box Defender for years. Now I use a simple snap-in that has cushion around the perimeter and add a tempered glass screen cover. No difference in performance. No difference in phone damage. Much easier to carry the phone now, and I generally carry it in my back pocket. Sitting on it has never harmed it.

I was stepping out of a Navajo and texting when the door frame caught my phone. It fell to the ground and cartwheeled another 4 feet right into a water puddle. It was probably a 9+ foot fall while standing at the exit.

I picked up the phone, shook the water off and continued with my text.

Otter Box for the save.

I bought an Otterbox a month ago. It replaced a case bought from Apple which just fell apart. If I had to describe it further, I would say it just delaminated into several parts. The new OB is way more substantial. Happy Camper here!

-Skip

I like my otter box commuter. Way better than the bulkier one and fits comfortably in my pocket.

I have an otterbox. (S9) Won't charge on the wireless charger, and also have a cracked screen. So it didn't really do much good on either count.

Back