Fly ...while you can still get gas!

as usual I read about 3 words of the article but aren't they talking about jet fuel?

The WSJ story was only about Jet fuel.

If selling avgas was not profitable it would have gone away years ago. I have zero worries!

The supposed shortage is with the trucks that deliver the fuel. But as an experimental aircraft builder/flyer I can use Mogas, corn squeezins, Everclear, and even fatback drippings as long as I can keep the detonation in check! ;)

Was at KCON today saw 2 big tankers pull in and fill the tank farm. They are all set for quite a while!

20 years ago folks were saying the days of leaded Avgas were numbered.

Got an email from the company pointing out the NOTAM for KACK that JET A was not avaiable 1600Z 07/31/2021 until 1400Z 08/02/2021. I don't see any current NOTAMS concerning fuel at KACK.

20 years ago folks were saying the days of leaded Avgas were numbered.
20 years before horse drawn carriages went away people were saying the days of horse drawn carriages were numbered.

20 years before horse drawn carriages went away people were saying the days of horse drawn carriages were numbered.

But they aren't! Still see em in Amish communities. :)

And the PC is not "dead." :D

As for 100LL, however, the sticking point on replacing it has been getting one certified, but a solution to that problem appears to have been found.

The supply disruptions in various commodities will hopefully turn out to be temporary.

My point is that what people are saying has absolutely no bearing on what will happen either way.

I keep looking for a better crystal ball, but no one seems to make one that's reliable.

Back