Best GA overnight Toledo Ohio area

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
Which airport would you overnight at in the Toledo Ohio area? Would want self-service fuel. A surprising number are full service only.

I’d like to grab a cat nap while there. Any great pilot lounges in the area?

Not saying there isn’t a location for you, but generally the best snooze rooms is at full serve FBOs and the fuel is priced accordingly,

ONZ is self service. Pilot lounge has a couch - wouldn't call it great. After hour access is the typical Michigan thing. Michigan DOT publishes their own directory with information that does not show up in the FAA version. https://www.michigan.gov/aero/ Transportation off the Island would be an issue.

Last edited:
No couch at KONZ. Lots of spiders outside. One held on to my gas receipt.

Very easy to tie down, tie down spots every 3 feet throughout the ramp.

To the North there is the aptly named DUH. On the south east side is TDZ, which has a rather nice FBO. West of that is TOL, which has big comfy FBOs. I cannot recall any having self serve fuel. USE is just a bit to the West and has self serve fuel. It was really cheap too, last I was there. Don’t recall that nice an FBO, but I bet they have a couch.

KTDZ has probably the nicest FBO but fuel is not cheep. 16G and KFDY have full service fuel at self service prices. They have a pretty nice FBOs too. I’ve never taken a nap but they are clean and have nice couches . south/south-west of Toledo.

KTDZ has probably the nicest FBO but fuel is not cheep. 16G and KFDY have full service fuel at self service prices. They have a pretty nice FBOs too. I’ve never taken a nap but they are clean and have nice couches . south/south-west of Toledo.

I love 16G. Great place. One of my favorite stops west-bound. At night, they are closed and the terminal is locked.

They have dogs in the terminal. I've been there several times; but the dogs ignore me. But when my darling was resting on the couch, Pacer came to cuddle.

upload_2021-8-3_19-57-17.png

Last edited:
Gonna be there on Saturday? From a fellow pilot:

Back