Not 4 crashes in 8 days, it was 7 crashes in 7 days.

I won't spoil the story, but after hearing about what kind of and how the plane was acquired, I thought "ah....".

Because before that I was *certain* that it was going to be someone with a youtube channel.

I think it is good for everyone that he finally decided this was a sign he should stop flying.
How many signs did he need? The ones he hit certainly didn't do the trick. The only reason he's stopping is because he's broke with no plane and numerous fines coming.

This was written like aww shucks, can't catch a break. Meanwhile there's compounding levels of stupidity and screwing people. Didn't the guy from Nebraska say he bolted without paying the fuel bill? Infuriating

Here is a unique take on the Swiss cheese model:

Back in Nebraska, Al Sibi said he was still thinking about what aircraft accident investigators call the "Swiss Cheese Model": Every airplane mishap puts a hole in the slice until the plane is more holes than cheese.

There is a name for someone like this.
IDIOT

Good way to beg for more rules and regulations to be put on the pilot community. What an *******.

It is a curious case so was trying to figure out what might explain this behavior. Appears he is 68 years old. So some kind of neurological cognitive impairment might be a possibility.

Private pilot only, likely since 2009. No IR. Likely formerly owned some hair salons and had a fair number of civil judgements against him in 2011 from things like credit card debt. Appears no criminal background.

If he takes up golf, I don't want to be anywhere close to the course.

It is a curious case so was trying to figure out what might explain this behavior. Appears he is 68 years old. So some kind of neurological cognitive impairment might be a possibility.

Private pilot only, likely since 2009. No IR. Likely formerly owned some hair salons and had a fair number of civil judgements against him in 2011 from things like credit card debt. Appears no criminal background.

He seems pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.

He's joking about a movie being made him and Tom Hanks should play him?

After reading that I am going to add a Seawind to my list of airplanes. That must be one heck of a stout airplane!!!

Seawind is a tough bird, to be sure! As with most tricycle gear airplanes, the nose gear is the weakest part of the Seawind.

Aside from surviving all his mishaps, it’s interesting that he managed to cross the continent apparently without money, credit cards, or phone.

All I thought of was Clark Griswald at the Blackjack table in Vegas Vacation.

I think it is good for everyone that he finally decided this was a sign he should stop flying.

p10714_v_h9_aa.jpg

Then skydiving might not be a good idea....

Well, then this guy landed on his own jump plane after the chute failed. Took the controls and fell out at the top of an ill-advised loop. Jumped out and his reserve failed. Luckily landed on the canopy of another skydiver. Lit up a cigar in celebration and everything went up in flames and they both landed on a bouncy house for some kid’s birthday.

Kinda like that?

There was a thread someone posted that had a link to the Barnstormer ad of the guy that sold the plane.....it was funny as hell

Back