Anyone know why a bunch of METAR's are out of service?

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
Today at 0935z is the last available METAR for many airports around my area in East TN into Virginia, the Carolinas and possibly more widespread. One example is KVJI. METAR's missing or not updated on AWC, airnav, Skyvector...

Anyone know why?

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 10.31.18 AM.png

I see some out of service, but not too many.

Today at 0935z is the last available METAR for many airports around my area in East TN into Virginia, the Carolinas and possibly more widespread. One example is KVJI. METAR's missing or not updated on AWC, airnav, Skyvector...

Anyone know why?

Are you accessing by internet only? That requires a networking service that’s not local to the airport, unlike radio (and I assume telephone as well).

Are you accessing by internet only? That requires a networking service that’s not local to the airport, unlike radio (and I assume telephone as well).
Yes

I may be 3000 miles away, but I need to do a freezer space check and make a Costco run, NOW. :yikes:
If in the future bacon demand in California drops to zero and you are not in California, wouldn't that put the supply/demand curve in your favor and therefore it would be better for you to wait?

If in the future bacon demand in California drops to zero and you are not in California, wouldn't that put the supply/demand curve in your favor and therefore it would be better for you to wait?
I'm in MA. Cali is the breeding ground for most bad ideas that take hold here. Better safe than sorry!

Back