Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

None of them.

No VH, ZZ, AC, SRV? All those houses should be burned to the ground.

7f4f50f5b8a90a193fc038bd123781e8.jpg

A mean crusty aircraft commander is assigned a new navigator and meets him. The AC lays a 9mm pistol on the desk and tells the nav "this is for the first time you get us lost"

The nav lays his 1911 on the table and says "I'm going to know we're lost before you will"

A "navigator?" Isn't that a box that shows you a magenta line to follow?

maybe now, but not 30 years ago...

Some airplanes still use navs...

The G1000 user interface is so complex, we almost need a dedicated navigation expert to manage it!

None of them.

No VH, ZZ, AC, SRV? All those houses should be burned to the ground.

Agree. And Lynyrd Skynyrd! And I’d have to have Muse in the list.

Bored 16 year olds in the sticks like to drink and knock down mail boxes in drive by with the bat being most common weapon. If you look at the mail box it has a dent on the right side. The concrete internals are there to create a bat proof bunker.

Little hooligans. :mad:

Happened to me about a dozen times. Neighbor and I built brick mailboxes around the metal ones. They still beat the metal portion until the door came off.

That's a metal post too. May have had one run over before too. I've heard of people using a metal post set into concrete, then fill the post with concrete too. That stops that problem. :eek:

Boinnnngggg!
7a61d3a544d3103b7db3cb2fc055589e.jpg

About 20 years ago, we had a rash of mailbox bashings in the neighborhood and mine got smashed a couple of times. I mentioned it to my dad, and he built me a mailbox in his welding shop. The box was rectangular, and the sides, back, and door were welded out of 1/4" steel plate. The post was 3" steel pipe welded to the box and sunk into a 5 gallon bucket of concrete. You could have set off a stick of dynamite in that thing without hurting it.

I have no way to tell how effective it was, but every once in a while when the neighbors' boxes got smashed there'd be a little paint scratched off mine. I hope it wrecked a bat or two.

:D

Happened to me about a dozen times. Neighbor and I built brick mailboxes around the metal ones. They still beat the metal portion until the door came off.

It's a joke thread, so I'll try to make this funny. I can't see putting up with that more than twice, unless maybe it was spaced out over 30 years. The funny part is that an eye for an eye is terrible logic, but at the same time I've heard it's tough for someone to get a good swing with a bat if only one of their hands is functional. :)

About 20 years ago, we had a rash of mailbox bashings in the neighborhood and mine got smashed a couple of times. I mentioned it to my dad, and he built me a mailbox in his welding shop. The box was rectangular, and the sides, back, and door were welded out of 1/4" steel plate. The post was 3" steel pipe welded to the box and sunk into a 5 gallon bucket of concrete. You could have set off a stick of dynamite in that thing without hurting it.

I have no way to tell how effective it was, but every once in a while when the neighbors' boxes got smashed there'd be a little paint scratched off mine. I hope it wrecked a bat or two.

:D

I have that mailbox today. Big ugly sumbitch. It’ll outlive the cockroaches.

Back