Is the POA Crowd Already Causing Problems at Airventure?

The offsite parties do seem to go late into the night.

Next they will have airplanes flying at 6 in the morning as an alarm clock. Oh wait ;)

Just imagine if someone were to shoot approaches at 3am with the prop full forward. There isn't an overnight airspace TFR, and 1.1 defines the airport as only the surface and other stuff on the ground.

Just imagine if someone were to shoot approaches at 3am with the prop full forward. There isn't an overnight airspace TFR, and 1.1 defines the airport as only the surface and other stuff on the ground.
That would sound like freedom.

Yes. It’s a membership requirement.

Last edited:
I’m in the north 40 and as far as I could tell, everyone within view was in their tent by 10pm last night.

Wait, there are parties with karaoke and debauchery? How am I missing them?

wait, I thought eman was out of town?

Heck, they shut down the pirates 2-3 years ago... That was a party....

Next they will have airplanes flying at 6 in the morning as an alarm clock. Oh wait ;)
It was 7 this morning, they took off into the rain.

I’m in the north 40 and as far as I could tell, everyone within view was in their tent by 10pm last night.
I am as well. Not gonna lie, I’m a little surprised at how quiet the pilot crowd is on the North 40 after dark

I really need to attend. I’m way to chicken to fly in, but driving is an option.

Thought about testing your theory this morning but the rotating beacon was off, ATIS was saying go away, and the Garmin had a bright red circle around the airport. :D

Attachments

• 7-28-2021-1small.jpg
    7-28-2021-1small.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 44
Thought about testing your theory this morning but the rotating beacon was off, ATIS was saying go away, and the Garmin had a bright red circle around the airport. :D

That's odd, because there's no TFR listed that closes the AIRSPACE. The airport is closed, but no TFR for airspace except for during the airshow.

Imagine that….you go to the worlds biggest aviation party…..and there’s noise.
As long as it ends at a reasonable time. Yapping and playing music at 2 AM would get my unwanted attention.

Yeah, well the “party” tonight is no picnic. Latest I’ve been up all week. So far so good and I think we are through the worst.

Strongest gust I saw recorded was 25, which is a little short of the 100kt gusts they warned about.

Yeah, well the “party” tonight is no picnic. Latest I’ve been up all week. So far so good and I think we are through the worst.

Strongest gust I saw recorded was 25, which is a little short of the 100kt gusts they warned about.
that was less than Monday or Tuesday or whatever morning it was. I saw G28kts

that was less than Monday or Tuesday or whatever morning it was. I saw G28kts
I posted on another thread:

https://www.weather.gov/grb/072821_severe_event

"Widespread 80 to 90 mph straight-line wind damage was analyzed in Omro and surrounding locations to the southwest of Omro. Hundreds of large trees were snapped or uprooted. Multiple power poles were snapped and sporadic shingles were ripped off of roofs. This damage was only about 8 miles to the southwest of EAA AirVenture event center!"

We dodged a bullet.

I posted on another thread:

https://www.weather.gov/grb/072821_severe_event

"Widespread 80 to 90 mph straight-line wind damage was analyzed in Omro and surrounding locations to the southwest of Omro. Hundreds of large trees were snapped or uprooted. Multiple power poles were snapped and sporadic shingles were ripped off of roofs. This damage was only about 8 miles to the southwest of EAA AirVenture event center!"

We dodged a bullet.
Yea, it’s because I left the day before ;) I told @Radar Contact nothing would happen since I was leaving early lol

Yea, it’s because I left the day before ;) I told @Radar Contact nothing would happen since I was leaving early lol
It was nice to meet you there and if that’s the case, glad you left. :) Right when it was hit or miss I turned a GoPro on pointed at the plane and took cover for 30 min. It slid past and wasn’t bad at all. Glad everyone made it home okay

Not gonna lie, I’m a little surprised at how quiet the pilot crowd is on the North 40 after dark

“60 is the new 40 - but 9:00 is the new Midnight”. Consider the demographic :)

I resemble that remark…

We were at the corner between the Hole in the Fence and the Friar Tuck gate and it wasn’t bad at all. Not terribly far from the Hangar restaurant but I don’t even recall hearing them.

Imagine that….you go to the worlds biggest aviation party…..and there’s noise.

They shouldn't allow an airport that near to so many campers. Maybe they should shut it down. o_O ;)

Back