Tempe, AZ 15-20 Aug 2021

red4golf

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Red4Golf
I'm going to be at a conference and was thinking about getting a checkout and doing some sightseeing but am having issues picking a place. I will be relying on UBER or a Taxi to get from the hotel to the airport and back so distance is a factor but not a deal breaker. I'll be based right in the middle of Tempe.

Thoughts?

Chandler Air Service, but they're hella busy so best get on the calendar right now. They're about 90% various flavors of PA28, couple of 172s, couple of Great Lakes if you want aerobatics.

Chandler Air Service, but they're hella busy so best get on the calendar right now. They're about 90% various flavors of PA28, couple of 172s, couple of Great Lakes if you want aerobatics.
Sweet, thanks for that. I hadn't seen their site before but it looks like they are just down the road from where I'll be and their prices are great.

Also for consideration is Classic Air Aviation - in Mesa.

Less busy than Chandler, for the most part.

I am not so sure anymore if you are talking about the wait in the taxi line. KFFZ has become much more crowded as of late with 2 new flight schools there.

About the only towered field in the Valley that doesn't have at least three in the pattern(s) at any given moment is GEU.

I thought this was going to be the place but when I tried to schedule a checkout on Sunday, they said not open. It sounds like they don't do after hours rentals either and since I'm working until 1630, I need a different place. I'll remember them if I ever vacation down that way though.

Thoughts?

I thought this was going to be the place but when I tried to schedule a checkout on Sunday, they said not open. It sounds like they don't do after hours rentals either and since I'm working until 1630, I need a different place. I'll remember them if I ever vacation down that way though.

Thoughts?

If you just want a C172 at KCHD you could try https://www.flytimechd.com/rental-requirements.html though they require a checkout and non-owners insurance.

Back