How do you define a friend?

• Any personality on Youtube that acknowledges you on social media

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any personality on Youtube that puts you in their videos, but isn't that prostitution John sting guy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This may be off the intended topic, but whatevs

I have a close friend, probably someone I would consider my best friend. Known him for about 30 years (man he is old), life happened and we drifted apart for 10 years in the middle there. Re-connected and been hanging out with him for the last 5 years or so. About once a month meet at his place and just hang out or go fishing type of thing. He is going through a divorce and I have many time offered him any help he needs(money, to vent, drinking , anything), just call. I have noticed everything is cool when we are together, but I have to call or text to hang out. He has never texted me or asked me to come over. I offered him or his family plane rides, to come out and see the plane and hangar, to go on vacations, etc. Never him making an effort. This past week I ended up with days off and a empty house. I texted him and asked if he was free, to cruise over and hang any days I am off. I had some electrical work that we could as he is an electrician and has his own business, so he makes the hours. But I let him know, in writing over text, that we could just hang our since its hot out. After a few texts about what work I wanted, I got a "sounds good". WTF does that mean? I waited a day and reached out again and let him know I would be riding and doing things, but I would change all my plans whenever he had time to come over. He texts me on the last free day I have and said his kids are coming and if I am free the following day. I told him my girls are coming back and I should probably be home to see them since they have been gone for a week.

I think I need to find new friends. I have lots of friends that I can chat with, but no one that I would confide in or trust going in my house alone. I dont know the best way to go about that, but I think its time. It hard to accept, and its a lot of "is it me" type of thinking. I believe I am good friend, but maybe there is something about me.

I have about five people I consider friends. They are people that would do anything for me and I for them. The rest are just acquaintances.

One who doesn't cheat by using an ebike on Strava. ;)

This may be off the intended topic, but whatevs

I have a close friend, probably someone I would consider my best friend. Known him for about 30 years (man he is old), life happened and we drifted apart for 10 years in the middle there. Re-connected and been hanging out with him for the last 5 years or so. About once a month meet at his place and just hang out or go fishing type of thing. He is going through a divorce and I have many time offered him any help he needs(money, to vent, drinking , anything), just call. I have noticed everything is cool when we are together, but I have to call or text to hang out. He has never texted me or asked me to come over. I offered him or his family plane rides, to come out and see the plane and hangar, to go on vacations, etc. Never him making an effort. This past week I ended up with days off and a empty house. I texted him and asked if he was free, to cruise over and hang any days I am off. I had some electrical work that we could as he is an electrician and has his own business, so he makes the hours. But I let him know, in writing over text, that we could just hang our since its hot out. After a few texts about what work I wanted, I got a "sounds good". WTF does that mean? I waited a day and reached out again and let him know I would be riding and doing things, but I would change all my plans whenever he had time to come over. He texts me on the last free day I have and said his kids are coming and if I am free the following day. I told him my girls are coming back and I should probably be home to see them since they have been gone for a week.

I think I need to find new friends. I have lots of friends that I can chat with, but no one that I would confide in or trust going in my house alone. I dont know the best way to go about that, but I think its time. It hard to accept, and its a lot of "is it me" type of thinking. I believe I am good friend, but maybe there is something about me.
Well, asking an electrician to come over just to hang out, and "oh by the way, I have some electric work to be done" may have been just a little offputting.

I guess it would come down to if I call the person and it's an emergency, they don't ask questions. They just drop everything and are there, the list goes down to about 0.5. I say 0.5 because 1/2 the time I call, his phone is dead or he calls back later. The rest would "have to clear it with the wife" to see she allows him to help.

Well, asking an electrician to come over just to hang out, and "oh by the way, I have some electric work to be done" may have been just a little offputting.

It was more of a reminder of the work he promised to do. And a second offer of just visiting and free food if he didnt want to do the work. If he was truly a friend, I would be ok with " its f-ing hot out, so lets just hang out" Not radio silence.

But maybe you have a point

A friend will help you move.. A GOOD friend will help you move a body.. :)

I didn’t make it through the first page before realizing I don’t have any friends, lol.

I have friends who are horrible people and I detest everything about them.

I still call them every now and then just to hear the entertainingly way they have screwed up their life most recently.

Life is weird.

That autocorrect will get you every time. I have fiends like that as well.

Back