OSH 2021

510 so far. Haven’t made it to the shower house yet.

I only know they expanded it massively, with the goal that no one would be turned away. Also, dig around on the EAA site as they do provide parking updates on some cadence, as well as text messaging, I think.
Do we know how many rows there are this year? (/me goes to look for a map)

I signed up for the texts, but they haven't sent any yet. I assume they'll start over the weekend. Traffic in central Illinois is picking up.

Didn't get to go again (last year would've been my first time there - been trying for years, but owning your own business has its "perks":mad:).

Anywho ... a squad of my buddies landed a few minutes ago at the "Rock the Ramp" at C29 in Madison. Another pilot I know left yesterday in the Luscombe (that's a LOOOONNNNG trip). Getting some pictures from my buddies "just to rub it in" ... am glad they're having a blast. I'm blocking out next year (hope the Monkey virus doesn't block that event:confused::eek::rolleyes:).

How do the buses between FLD and Osh work? I’ve camped at FLD before, but my friend had his own ground transportation available, so we dodged the buses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel for you folks out camping, it’s extremely muggy. I’m parked in HBC but racking up with some friends in the warbird area. I’m a sucker for air conditioning.

GAC is filling up. I suspect by the end of the day they will be parking people at down on the other side of the runway. There are already 200 or more parked by the gate at Friar Tucks and I think the front side is at the end of the runway.

I think anyone who tries to fly in Monday will be in Fond-du-loc or way out by Basler.

GAC is filling up. I suspect by the end of the day they will be parking people at down on the other side of the runway. There are already 200 or more parked by the gate at Friar Tucks and I think the front side is at the end of the runway.

I think anyone who tries to fly in Monday will be in Fond-du-loc or way out by Basler.

Bah. We won’t get there until 11am-ish Sunday. I’ll take S40 or Basler at this point before being bussed in from FLD.

So… i can see that all the documentation says no alcohol. What does the actual practice end up looking like? Asking for a friend.

Don’t forget that your plane might be a vintage. That got me great parking in 2018.

Don’t forget that your plane might be a vintage. That got me great parking in 2018.

In 2019 my 1966 PA32 gave me that option. Coming in a friend’s 1979 172 this time. Maybe we can “identify” as a 1970 172...

I wonder if you can't see anyone in front of you, if you should speed up to 95 knots? There's a Cardinal going 80 knots right now at the head of a line of 12 planes and people are bailing out There's a big gap in front of the cardinal. I think there's 40-50 planes in the conga line right now.

Did you camp? Is VAC worth it over GAC?

I camped at VAC and it was great. I’ve never camped in GAC. VAC was fun because I was close to the air shows and a short walk to check out the ultralight shenanigans. I’d choose VAC over GAC for sure.

Bah. We won’t get there until 11am-ish Sunday. I’ll take S40 or Basler at this point before being bussed in from FLD.

someone reminded me of the South 40. The last time I was here that didn’t exist.

it looks like they’re saving some rows for the piper and Mooney arrivals tomorrow. Otherwise they are now parking past the super 8

I wonder if you can't see anyone in front of you, if you should speed up to 95 knots? There's a Cardinal going 80 knots right now at the head of a line of 12 planes and people are bailing out There's a big gap in front of the cardinal. I think there's 40-50 planes in the conga line right now.

I wonder why they’d be going so slow. 90kts is pretty specific in the notam and a cardinal can certainly do it.

So… i can see that all the documentation says no alcohol. What does the actual practice end up looking like? Asking for a friend.

Bring it. Bring lots.

there’s also the beer tent or Friar Tuck’s. FT’s is out through the N 40 outside the fence next to the hotel. The beer tent is near the exit closest to the tower. Look for a big yellow balloon.

Will be our first time flying in. Won’t be able to arrive until Sunday 6:30p or so. Will we end up in S40? Or would that fill up too?

We could always just drive (5hrs) and do Schoeller, which I’d rather do than end up at an outlying airport and shuttling in every day.

Will be our first time flying in. Won’t be able to arrive until Sunday 6:30p or so. Will we end up in S40? Or would that fill up too?

We could always just drive (5hrs) and do Schoeller, which I’d rather do than end up at an outlying airport and shuttling in every day.
The south 40 is a LONG ways from being full. You should be fine but that’s a long hike.

I camp VAC every year. Great crowd there

[mention]Skyrs62 [/mention] and I made it. Row 538. Close to red showers.

Anyone in Scholler? How is it looking? We are all packed up and meant to arrive Saturday but now delayed until late Sunday arrival. Worried I’m going to be parking the camper on the interstate!

Anyone in Scholler? How is it looking? We are all packed up and meant to arrive Saturday but now delayed until late Sunday arrival. Worried I’m going to be parking the camper on the interstate!

You might know by now. There’s still plenty of room in Scholler, but it’s all near the highway or toward Ripple. If you look really hard, you might be able to eek out a space, but it would be hard.

My sense is that the North 40 is completely full now and all parking is going to the south 40.

I am sitting in the Vintage Flight Line Operations building right now. Yesterday was our busiest single day (airplane arrival count) ever.
North 40 I believe is full. Vintage is mostly full. Homebuilt has lots of space. The new "South 40" GA has spaces.

Went to OSH once. Early 90's, poor collage student and his dog. Camped out, supplies were beer and baked beans. Everyone was very friendly I was invited to dinner by the neighboring camp site. Fun was had by all....:)

Back