EAA locked my thread?! Huh!

I’m beginning to conclude all organizations eventually end up with the leadership insulating itself and the organization becomes about supporting the top tier and caring less about the rank and file. Sensitivity to criticism becomes a symptom of that. This applies to every human organization: government, religion, corporations, non-profits, unions, clubs, gamer guilds, any human group assembled for an ostensible purpose, because humans sort themselves into hierarchies because you need a hierarchy in order to get anything done, so it is a normal and necessary process, however those in power tend to collect more and more power like a gravitational body in space collects more and more mass. If you know an organization that hasn’t come to that yet, give it time.
Yeah, you’re right. Basically just like working for any large organization. Those at the top couldn’t care less about the ones at the bottom. In the big companies, you’re just a number.

I’m gonna quit a group because they screwed up web cams for their own premiere event and didn’t want to deal with carping about it while the event is in progress. Waaah!

yeah, they screwed up. People screw up. This was not the time to try to fix it.

So...all of a sudden 20 minutes ago my browser couldn't find eaaforums.org. Everything else worked fine internet-ly. Tried several times to get in over a few minutes, then light bulb time. Went to my VPN, changed my IP addy and magically eaaforums.org is back. Again I say, 'Huh!'....much more suble than an open ban.
I see DNS failures with eaaforums.org frequently. I haven't figured out why yet, but it's apparently on my end. Recycling my DNS server fixes it for me, every time.

I see DNS failures with eaaforums.org frequently. I haven't figured out why yet, but it's apparently on my end. Recycling my DNS server fixes it for me, every time.
Are you running your own DNS? I stopped a while ago and moved to Quad9.

Hi Justin,

I've gone back thru the thread and don't find the "corrupt" or '"personal gain" anywhere that you alluded to. That said, civil disagreement is a good thing, and I support it.

Jim

I quoted it in my initial post. On page 3 from the EAAForum, (which is why I said the thread was hijacked, not that the OP's posting was the culprit ), someone (MC20) says : "The EAA used to be an organization for its members, but it’s becoming the same as the AOPA - an organization that exists soley to further the organization itself and make money."

In the following post, someone else (The Boss) says: "You "NAILED" it my friend!" quoting MC20's post.

What do they pay the “top tier” of the EAA? Is that information available?

I'm late in the game, and don't have a horse in this race, but perusing the linked thread, it does not appear to be locked at this time.

I think I was the reason for the locking as I made the last post on the thread and it was deleted when the post was locked.

I mentioned Jack Pelton trying to commercialize EAA in the same manner as AOPA. Any time you criticize the great leader they jump on you hard. It also happened a few months ago when i criticized Jack for the “beerventure” lawsuit.

I'm late in the game, and don't have a horse in this race, but perusing the linked thread, it does not appear to be locked at this time.

To quote a great piece of internet philosophy from earlier in the post..."Waaaah!". Sorry, Sac, too good to pass up. ;-)

There are two EAA threads...the original one (Web Cams) is still locked.

Jim

Last edited:
To quote a great piece of internet philosophy from earlier in the post..."Waaaah!". Sorry, Sac, too good to pass up. ;-)

There are two EAA threads...the original one (Web Cams) is still locked.

Jim

Oh, I think I mistook the attachment icon for a locked thread icon. I guess I can't view the locked status because I'm not logged in. Oh well, as the French say, 'La Vie."

I didn’t see anything bothersome. Pelton makes $400k?, maybe a bit more? For kissing pilot donor ass all year? Dude is underpaid. I’m not kissing any of your asses for that much.

Ok, maybe Eman. Y’all take up a collection and we’ll see.

Back