Doding Thunderstorms Flying to Lake Tahoe

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
I recently went on The Finer Points mountain flying camping adventure trip, which was a super fun experience. I met a bunch of great people and we did some awesome flying together. Getting there was a bit of a challenge due to thunderstorms over the Sierra mountains. Thought y'all might enjoy the video I put together about it...

Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicely done.
In years past I have looked for CFI's/CFII's to help me through when I was going through one of my rusty pilot phases. I want to say most instructors I've flown with over the years probably wouldn't have made that flight.
I got quite a bit of instrument time when working on my instrument ticket, but it was mostly the benign overcast stuff...just a function of where I was and when I suppose. I had a good instructor willing to go into actual.....but then I never really used the ticket. At a few points in time when I was knocking rust off I'd hoped to find more seasoned instructors to help me better experience real weather VFR flying like that (& doing it IFR too) but most would just shy away from stuff like that.

Nice Vid..plenty of airports to divert to which is good. Im going to try and take that Finer Points class next year.

Flying to the Tahoe region is a bucket list item for me. Awesome video, as always! Your video/commentary is really A+ quality. Might want to add a "g" to your post though .... even while avoiding "G" in a T-storm. Thanks for sharing!

Flying to the Tahoe region is a bucket list item for me. Awesome video, as always! Your video/commentary is really A+ quality. Might want to add a "g" to your post though .... even while avoiding "G" in a T-storm. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I missed that misspelling somehow. huh. weird

I was hoping to see more about the mountain flying camping part.

Back