Poor timing? Or make hay while the weather is dry. :)

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
Crop dusting under the Fisk arrival during OSH.

Pp0oR17.png

Some people still have to work this week.

Nauga,
dusty
Tell me about it! :(

Nonetheless, I can’t imagine a crop duster interfering with OSH arrivals. They’ll all be well above the altitude(s) it would be operating at.

Have they already had to push the entry back to Green Lake? As for crop dusting, if you are that low headed to KOSH you are going to have problems anyhow.

They are at Puckaway lake now.

I really can't grasp at what those extra waypoints solve... It's hard enough to keep order from Ripon to Fisk, now you've more than doubled the distance.

More distance equals more space...the logic behind the madness ,
My guess anyway

I noticed they must be monitoring radar/adsb now too, I've heard them call out a couple tail numbers that looked like they were going to cut in line at or just before Ripon and sent them back to Green Lake.

More distance equals more space...the logic behind the madness ,
My guess anyway

Just moves the bunch up point further away. Now if they intend to police the movement of aircraft and this makes it easier I am all for it. What always happens is they tell people not to proceed and never give the call for airplanes to leave the hold because airplanes just keep coming regardless. I guess I will see tomorrow how it goes.

They definitely are using ADS-B as they identified that a nearby aircraft and I were both due to arrive at Ripon simultaneously. They turned me a little early, we maintained 0.7 nm in trail (that's close!) and split us to different runways. But, they are also expecting and directing non-ADS-B planes and were making calls to high/low wing, etc.

Looks like the first test of the new route with adverse weather is tomorrow AM. Hmmm.

For anyone else flying in, until that rain comes through, the visibility sucks with the smoke that came from Oregon. Call it 3 miles...but just that much in some cases. If you got a way to see traffic, keep that handy.

Back