YouTube Contest

Glad you’re enjoying them Bart and congrats on getting back on the saddle with the cross country/traveling flying!! That looks like a nice trip. Hope you post some pics. I’m going to start planning a trip out west for the fall and will be asking those of you here with experience out there some suggestions soon. Enjoy the trip!

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm sure we'll get tons of pictures along the way.

Looks yummy! On a real 1-10 scale what would you rate the kick? For reference I’d say the stuff at KY was a 9…maybe I’m a wuss.

um, I'd say it's a completely different scale, kinda. the stuff we had was purely meant to be the hottest sht on the planet. the stuff I'm making is meant to be eaten and enjoyed by a larger audience than would typically eat that crazy stuff we had in KY. if you think that stuff was a 9, this stuff is a 2 or 3. but for some people who don't usually eat hot stuff, this might be in the 5 range. I'd consider habaneros to be on the hot side of what typical people eat. the type of pepper we had was in it's own category, let's call it the "FU hot pepper". and what I'm doing on some of my sauces is coring or de-seeding all or a portion of the habanero, which removes a lot of the heat. on this batch I used 6 large habs and only cored 2 of them and it has a delicious, nice heat to it. I could put a spoonful of this in my facehole, but I wouldn't even consider doing that with the KY stuff. that stuff I have literally once every couple of months and I have to mentally prepare for it. this stuff I'd eat every day.
for reference (I'm sure someone will dispute these #'s as it isn't an exact science):

type of pepper and SHU:

jalapeno 2,500-8,000
serrano 10,000-23,000
habanero 100,000-350,000
carolina reaper 1.4mill-2.2mill
pepper X 3+mill

the one I have for next year is 3+mill

um, I'd say it's a completely different scale, kinda. the stuff we had was purely meant to be the hottest sht on the planet. the stuff I'm making is meant to be eaten and enjoyed by a larger audience than would typically eat that crazy stuff we had in KY. if you think that stuff was a 9, this stuff is a 2 or 3. but for some people who don't usually eat hot stuff, this might be in the 5 range. I'd consider habaneros to be on the hot side of what typical people eat. the type of pepper we had was in it's own category, let's call it the "FU hot pepper". and what I'm doing on some of my sauces is coring or de-seeding all or a portion of the habanero, which removes a lot of the heat. on this batch I used 6 large habs and only cored 2 of them and it has a delicious, nice heat to it. I could put a spoonful of this in my facehole, but I wouldn't even consider doing that with the KY stuff. that stuff I have literally once every couple of months and I have to mentally prepare for it. this stuff I'd eat every day.
for reference (I'm sure someone will dispute these #'s as it isn't an exact science):

type of pepper and SHU:

jalapeno 2,500-8,000
serrano 10,000-23,000
habanero 100,000-350,000
carolina reaper 1.4mill-2.2mill
pepper X 3+mill

the one I have for next year is 3+mill
Sounds like my kind of sauce. 20 bucks for a bottle?

Edit: for the stuff in the pictures NOT what you plan to bring to KY

Sounds like my kind of sauce. 20 bucks for a bottle?

Edit: for the stuff in the pictures NOT what you plan to bring to KY

I have to figure out what to do because a lot of people who aren’t local are asking for it. This stuff goes right into the fridge and I’m nervous about shipping taking a couple of days and how that would impact the sauce. My guess is it wouldn’t be a big deal but I don’t know. Lemme look into it.

This week was the first RR video.

You should maybe be nice to him until next week....

Eh pretty much anything I can be incriminated with from RR would include incriminating himself.

A friend will help you get out of jail. A good friend will be in there with you saying “man, we done farked up”.

Back