Final Approach Fix symbol - MS Word

Llewtrah381

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Llewtrah
I’m trying to craft a document in Word and want to insert the FAF symbol, which is more or less like a Maltese cross (which is in Wingdings) turned 45 degrees. Anyone know of a simpler source/way rather than rotating that in a text box or something?

Have you tried looking in the character map?

Take a screen shot of it from an existing plate.
Thanks. Using the Maltese cross, turning it and pasting it as an image would work too. Was hoping to find a character I could just insert like any other.

Character map? I’ve looked through Wingdings 1 and 2 - is there something else I could look at?

If you’re using a Windows computer this is what I would try. You’ll have to do some hunting but if you want a special character it’s the easiest way I know to find it.

If you’re using a Windows computer this is what I would try. You’ll have to do some hunting but if you want a special character it’s the easiest way I know to find it.

Thanks! Makes it a bit easier than using the Symbol option because you can see more characters.

Type an X and see if there’s some funky font that close?
Good idea. No luck so far but I'll check. For now I just turned the Maltese cross 45 degrees and added it as a separate text box where I wanted. Not glamorous but it works.

Back