Destroyed engine

I must’ve missed it… why’s it ruined?

I run them almost every year without a cowl. Short & low power, non-issue.

Wimps. What they should have done is started it and then brought it to full power for a couple of minutes...

Start the engine and then pull the oil quick drain. Gotta test the oil temp/pressure gauges, right?

This whole engine run seems like a dumpster fire. Rough running engine, then wrong battery, etc. I'd expect this more from a guy who built everything himself rather than from a group of pros who were paid to build the aircraft for him.

I was amazed by the amount of mask wearing in that video.

It's interesting how regionalized things like that are. We haven't worn masks here in months.

Chances are that video was done months ago.

I must’ve missed it… why’s it ruined?

I didn't miss it since I didn't watch it, but what happened? Ran it without the cowl and endangered the lives of all small children and kittens in a 20 nm radius?

If you're going to run it with the cowl off, you should be sure to have several buckets of water to dump on it to cool it off. Ice water is best. But it isn't really that big of a deal. I've seen Bryan polish his spinner doing this, there's no problem right.

(no, don't really do this. I am not responsible if you get curious about what will happen. And I'm sure Bryan's video was faked. I think.)

I don't want to watch any videos of anybody polishing their spinner.....

I might watch one of this guy running his engine and quenching it in ice-water.....

Thanks Gee Off Ree for posting the link. For those of us who don't read every post I was lost as to why the engine was destroyed. Having said that, some of us fly aircraft that are unable to completely de-cowl prior to running the engine unless the prop is removed.

I was amazed by the amount of mask wearing in that video.

It's interesting how regionalized things like that are. We haven't worn masks here in months.
The other issue is they're in Canada and only recently have people had the opportunity to be fully vaccinated. Depending on when it was filmed, the folks in the video may hav rat ill been waiting for vaccine doses.

And being Canada, rule compliance is ingrained in their culture.

He is a lot grayer than I remember. Must be all that stress of paying pro's to build your airplane..and I also mean that in the nicest way possible.

Flightchops looks like he smells like a dirty hobo. I mean that in the nicest way possible, of course.
I kind of always pictured him smelling like a dirty dish rag, I dunno why.

Flightchops looks like he smells like a dirty hobo. I mean that in the nicest way possible, of course.

He is a lot grayer than I remember. Must be all that stress of paying pro's to build your airplane..and I also mean that in the nicest way possible.

I kind of always pictured him smelling like a dirty dish rag, I dunno why.

This 1-2-3 punch just set off a laugh-out-loud episode that has been going on for a minute... you guys nailed it.

Lol. Dude when r we golfing again?

Not soon enough... Frank and I noodled it over lunch Sunday... so so hot right now... I think a day trip would make it more do-able in the short term.

Not soon enough... Frank and I noodled it over lunch Sunday... so so hot right now... I think a day trip would make it more do-able in the short term.

Yeah, def too hot. Plus I’m not sure if you guys have recovered from all the cash I won off ya’s.

It is his engine. He can run it as he wishes. Beyond a mag check, I would advocate for the cowls to be on, but that is me. Why? Because it is not my engine.

Some of you will get the joke. Some will not.
I did not get the joke.

What I got was 20 minutes of wasted time because I decided to watch the whole video to see what circumstances caused a destroyed engine.

As a matter of fact I am so stupid you are going to have to explain exactly what the joke is .

I don't get it. thanks.

This whole engine run seems like a dumpster fire. Rough running engine, then wrong battery, etc. I'd expect this more from a guy who built everything himself rather than from a group of pros who were paid to build the aircraft for him.
Never built an airplane, I'm guessing.

Back