RIP Launchpad

Peter Anderson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SVTPete83
If any of you listen to the Airplane geeks pod cast one of the best of them, Brad Launchpad Marzari passed away in a plane crash near Killeen Tx on July 4th. He flew some sort of historic airplane. One of the best of them on that show.

Looks amazingly similar to a Navion

When I saw the photo of the wreckage on a rollback, the canopy immediately made me think it was a Navion. I'm not familiar with the Focke Wulf 149. His plane was a beautiful example.

RIP

When I saw the photo of the wreckage on a rollback, the canopy immediately made me think it was a Navion. I'm not familiar with the Focke Wulf 149. His plane was a beautiful example.

RIP
License-built Piaggio P.149

He is a local guy and I got to check out his plane at a small airshow we had. He was offering to take someone with him to Oshkosh a few days before he crashed. Very sad.

Brad Marzari - Going to AirVenture? Why not arrive in style in a WARBIRD! I have an empty seat in the Focke-Wulf FW-149D. I am departing Saturday 24 July and returning Sunday 1 Aug. Included is a seat in the front of the aircraft and space for 100lbs, of luggage, an entry wrist band good for the whole show, and a wrist band for Pod-A-Palooza Wednesday night before the night airshow. Under the FAA FAR/AIM you can only pay ½ the direst cost of fuel & oil. so your cost would be about $450
DM me if you are interested.

53508_1572450633.jpg

That's sad. I missed this on vacation. He was definitely entertaining on the show, and I really enjoyed the little series he did taking about buying the fockewulf and bringing it into the US from Canada.

Dang, I just heard about this. Brad was a great guy, and I always enjoyed meeting up with him at OSH.

Max truscott had some analysis on his podcast aviation news talk but it was speculation based on the limited data he had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I met him at Marion County airport coming back from SnF this year. We had stopped because of weather and to get fuel. He came in behind us. After fueling he was kind enough to spend some time telling about the airplane and hanging out in the unmanned FBO until the weather cleared up enough to take off again. Seemed like a really good guy.

Launchpad always seemed to have chocolates with him to share with his friends. I was honored to partake in some of his last chocolates ever this year at #OSH21. He had already procured them by the time of his passing, and Max Flight got them from his family and brought them up. I think his son was going to come too, but I didn't get a chance to meet him. Max was an avid supporter of youth in aviation and the EAA Young Eagle program in particular. At the Pipistrel memorial to him I was asked to set up a donation to EAA in his name.

Thanks Grant!

Launchpad was a great guy with boundless enthusiasm for aviation and life. Recently, someone posted a quote of his on the North Texas Aviators group that captured Oshkosh in a beautiful way:

228024795_10218960329499266_1256852587084303881_n.jpg
I've created a version of this (below) that just barely fits the specs to be put on a brick at the Brown Arch - If you're interested, please use the link in Grant's post above to donate to that effort. Thank you!

Airventure is Brigadoon: A
city that rises from the mist
each year. No one ages, all
are happy. You can eat, sing,
fall in love. But step out of
the gate, turn around and it
is gone. Only a bare field is
where this mythical place once
stood. Until next year, when
it magically appears again.
-Brad "Launchpad" Marzari

Last edited:
Thanks Grant!

Launchpad was a great guy with boundless enthusiasm for aviation and life. Recently, someone posted a quote of his on the North Texas Aviators group that captured Oshkosh in a beautiful way:

View attachment 98920
I've created a version of this (below) that just barely fits the specs to be put on a brick at the Brown Arch - If you're interested, please use the link in Grant's post above to donate to that effort. Thank you!

Airventure is Brigadoon: A
city that rises from the mist
each year. No one ages, all
are happy. You can eat, sing,
fall in love. But step out of
the gate, turn around and it
is gone. Only a bare field is
where this mythical place once
stood. Until next year, when
it magically appears again.
-Brad "Launchpad" Marzari

This is really cool. Thank you for posting it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks amazingly similar to a Navion
Yeah, I always have to look twice at the FW. The telling thing for me is the gear is flipped around compared to the Navion.

Back