Dish Scapes

dtuuri

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
dtuuri
Does anybody besides me have Dish TV and flip to the Dish Scapes channel (#199) during TV commercials? I discovered the channel while surfing after I switched to Dish and have become addicted to trying to spot all the events buried in the scenery, from slowly changing time of day shadows to Big Foot trudging between two trees about once per hour (December's). This month (they change every 1st) it has hot air balloons drifting over Neon Springs, wherever the heck that is. Very cool. Last month was the Enchanted Forest with trolls (I guess) and a sleepy talking tree an occasional archer shoots arrows at. It's a fun way to pass the time during a commercial. But I'm wondering, now, if it means I'm weird. So, I'm not looking for validation I'm looking for comrades.

But I'm wondering, now, if it means I'm weird.

This might not be conclusive, but it is certainly additive to my belief that you are weird. :)

I rarely watch anything that isn't pre-recorded, so I tend to use the fast forward when you're switching to dish scapes.

But I may take the weird step of leaving it on that channel when we're gone to entertain my Pomeranian. Watching it as I type. I like the water and bird sounds.

Does anybody besides me have Dish TV and flip to the Dish Scapes channel (#199) during TV commercials? I discovered the channel while surfing after I switched to Dish and have become addicted to trying to spot all the events buried in the scenery, from slowly changing time of day shadows to Big Foot trudging between two trees about once per hour (December's). This month (they change every 1st) it has hot air balloons drifting over Neon Springs, wherever the heck that is. Very cool. Last month was the Enchanted Forest with trolls (I guess) and a sleepy talking tree an occasional archer shoots arrows at. It's a fun way to pass the time during a commercial. But I'm wondering, now, if it means I'm weird. So, I'm not looking for validation I'm looking for comrades.
Got Dish. Never heard of it. I have a channel list that just has stuff I wanna watch. So I went to all channels and found 199. Click. A hot air balloon was sticking it’s toungue out at me.

The idle screen on the Roku streaming devices has a scrolling landscape which features tons of movie references. It's fun to spot the dozens of movies as they scroll past.

Got Dish. Never heard of it. I have a channel list that just has stuff I wanna watch. So I went to all channels and found 199. Click. A hot air balloon was sticking it’s toungue out at me.
Shooting stars look like Roman candles. Oh, and there's a space ship too.

No, but I am getting a preview of the dog channel this weekend.

I never knew my dog was missing so much...

"What are you watchin', man?"
"I dunno, it's a movie about an Indian. It's really boring."
"That's not a movie, man, that's a test pattern."
"Far out, man."

Nauga,
and old vinyl

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought we were going to talk about stuff like this:
21-5edf8215eddd9__700.jpg

"What are you watchin', man?"
"I dunno, it's a movie about an Indian. It's really boring."
"That's not a movie, man, that's a test pattern."
"Far out, man."

Nauga,
and old vinyl
Or
“what’s wrong with the TV”
“I dunno, it’s been that way all day”
“Wow man, what did you do”
“I turned it on”

from ‘Dave’s not here’

@Ravioli there's a spaceship that swoops in and scoops up a car (or pickup truck?). Your Pomeranian might thinks that's neat.

But I may take the weird step of leaving it on that channel when we're gone to entertain my Pomeranian. Watching it as I type. I like the water and bird sounds.
"Hidden Paradise" this month with lots of water and bird sounds. Not much happening: a bird, a turtle and a rainbow. A sure cure for insomnia.

New Dish Scapes for December: Channels 199 and 305 (pretty clever, that one). Yule logs on channels 303 and 304. A bi-plane occasionally flies around in the "Present Station" on channel 305...

Last edited:
Back