Ok Fl pilots, which of you caused Falcon 9 to scrub

Maybe is the figure out who it was, Space X will sue them for a billion dollars for damages.

It had a weird TFR…never see the long runway like TFR before?
No wonder someone busted it, 0 to FL910? I’ll just file for FL1000. ;-)

Attachments

• 5F6FF328-6FBB-443C-B8CC-9D74A807E861.jpeg
    5F6FF328-6FBB-443C-B8CC-9D74A807E861.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 70
Wow, no wonder. I cannot understand having that go all the way to surface. Did they really need to put a block across the entire florida coast south of Cape Canaveral?

I assume they put a TFR like this in place because of the trajectory of not only the spacecraft (it's going up AND coming back down, remember), but also any possibility of things Going Badly. You don't want to be near something like that if things go Tango Uniform.

I heard it was the LAX jet pack guy .......

I heard it was the LAX jet pack guy .......

Nope, the guy in the SeaRey dropping more coozies again. I said Destin in the other thread. Was that where it happened?

Cheers

It had a weird TFR…never see the long runway like TFR before?
No wonder someone busted it, 0 to FL910? I’ll just file for FL1000. ;-)

I assume they put a TFR like this in place because of the trajectory of not only the spacecraft (it's going up AND coming back down, remember), but also any possibility of things Going Badly. You don't want to be near something like that if things go Tango Uniform.

Correct. Launches into a polar orbit from Cape Canaveral hug the Florida coastline on their way "up," and this booster is slated to return back to CCSFS versus landing further out on a drone ship.

I was at Kennedy Space Center waiting for the launch and it got cancelled. Whoever violated their airspace needs to get hammered by the FAA. We were in from California and that was our one and only chance to see that launch.

I was at Kennedy Space Center waiting for the launch and it got cancelled. Whoever violated their airspace needs to get hammered by the FAA. We were in from California and that was our one and only chance to see that launch.

I mean, I hear ya, but there were a thousand other reasons why the launch also could have been canceled. probably none that suck this bad, but still.

from the looks of it Musk's issue was not that someone flew into it, but it's ridiculous size. Also interesting that the very people who are the cause of the TFR have no apparent say in the size/shape of the TFR

Whoever violated their airspace needs to get hammered by the FAA.

At least a part of the path is outside US jurisdiction. The launch was intended for a southward orbit. Apparently it would launch north and then overfly the cape again headed south.

The new TFR is up. The long southward lane is 180 miles / 290 km long. It will take them approx. 4 minutes to fly the length of that but they'll fly above FL910 in 2 minutes, about 30 km downrange near Melborne. To me, that says the TFR is about 260 km longer than is really needed. At least according to numbers from reddit.

Falcon Heavy Test Flight Telemetry : spacex (reddit.com)

I agree you don't want to be under this, but if there's a NOTAM that the launch is happening and you put yourself under it, that isn't my problem. Nor should it be SpaceX's problem.

Do you think he knows? It looks like the flight took off from Exuma and stopped in Nassau

upload_2021-6-30_14-29-42.png

upload_2021-6-30_14-31-18.png

A Falcon 9 shredding a Saratoga would be must-see TV on Smithsonian's Air Disasters.

(not that I want it to happen....but if it did... )

If he doesn't he will.

Yeah, he figured it out. His track turned and went straight across the TFR to the coast. I'm thinking that qualified as an emergency. Trapped offshore and your choices are 2 hours over open water to get around it or cut across the TFR.

Supposedly was a helicopter. Listening to the NASA feed.

Oops. T-5 minutes or so to launch.

Aztex Airlines. No, no, no

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 3.26.22 PM.png

Yes, to his credit, Musk did note how ridiculous the size of the TFR is.
Even if all that airspace is 'required'.... as determined by current standards for such flights.

As more and more people want to use the NAS for new or novel things (drones, spaceships, whatever else may soon appear in this category) we are going to be faced with decisions as a nation.

Restriction of our existing (flight) freedoms to accommodate these new users, or limitations on the ever growing number and size of TFRs and other SUA.

NAS national airspace system
TFR temporary flight restrictions (even if they are in actuality, permanent flight restrictions)
SUA special use airspace

So impressed with how smooth the landings are. Really nice to see it without video hitching from the boat once in a while.

On another note, I took a couple screenshots (FlightAware/SkyVector) and overlaid them for AZY322:
3eal3y7.png

On another note, I took a couple screenshots (FlightAware/SkyVector) and overlaid them for AZY322:
3eal3y7.png

I suspect he was talking or started talking to ATC whereas the other perp was flying along with his radio off, fat, dumb and happy.

Back