PA-28-181 - Recognition light LED replacement

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
anyone knows where i can find a LED replacement of the recognition lights on my archer?

not interested in $3k solution to replace the entire wingtip from Knots2U

upload_2020-8-21_10-11-42.png

yah those fiberglass needs to be changed as well, and they charge $500 plus since there is a PMA sticker on it

so WAT replied promptly .. like in matter of 15 mins

@Bell206 - the one you pointed out is the correct one, it was a typo on Srpuce's site. i have sent them another email to correct it. here is what "Brian with a Y" (i had no idea there were more than one :p) from WAT said:

Good afternoon, in order to fit this to the Piper aircraft these would need special brackets that you would have to get from Piper direct as the original assembly was mounted a bit different then the LED assemblies. The 71888 / 71898 is the correct type of recognition light but the installation would require extra brackets. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at any time.

no idea what bracket that is, but hoping he and someone on here can answer

I didn’t explore it further, but when I spoke to the shop they had said that they can get those brackets to work. The light is the right one.

I have the same question for the recognition lights on the Lopresti Zip Tips on my Archer. I have the low power lights and not the expensive boom beam option. But I just want to replace those lower output bulbs with LEDS. Those low output bulbs also amazingly consume a good bit of amperage whereas my replacement Whelen LED replacement landing light hardly causes a blip on the load meter.

I have the same question for the recognition lights on the Lopresti Zip Tips on my Archer. I have the low power lights and not the expensive boom beam option. But I just want to replace those lower output bulbs with LEDS. Those low output bulbs also amazingly consume a good bit of amperage whereas my replacement Whelen LED replacement landing light hardly causes a blip on the load meter.

Whelen p/n 71685

Yep, I found that part number by calling Whelen today. I wonder if you work for them given that you’re “focal plane.” If so, I may have spoken to you in sales. Now that part number translates to
11-11189 at A/C spruce & Specialty and is for replacement of the entire rectangular fixture, not just the bulb.

Yep, I found that part number by calling Whelen today. I wonder if you work for them given that you’re “focal plane.” If so, I may have spoken to you in sales. Now that part number translates to
11-11189 at A/C spruce & Specialty and is for replacement of the entire rectangular fixture, not just the bulb.

Ha, no, I don’t have any association with Whelen. Just knew those assemblies had the same form as the original halogens in the Zips. Used to do a lot of imaging work with different focal planes. My feeble attempt at humor for a user name. Very feeble in fact.

Ha, no, I don’t have any association with Whelen. Just knew those assemblies had the same form as the original halogens in the Zips. Used to do a lot of imaging work with different focal planes. My feeble attempt at humor for a user name. Very feeble in fact.
No more feeble than most of our user names. Take mine. Did I major in turbulence, or even like turbulence?(you can bet I don’t- haha). These names just sound cool to some of us for some reason.;)

Back