Airplane camping in Ohio

Noble County has a really nice campground right next to the airport. Of course it’s an asphalt strip, so probably not on your radar.

I’m flying my light sport to Kelly’s Island next month for a week of camping. (Wife is driving the minivan over with the tent and stuff.)

Meatloaf when the temperatures are in the high 80s? No thanks! I'll skip the fire too. Now, if you can make ice cream while airplane camping, I'd be interested.

Video coming, Rich? I have to admit yours are inspiring.

I’m flying my light sport to Kelly’s Island next month for a week of camping. (Wife is driving the minivan over with the tent and stuff.)
This story would be cooler if she had Wipaire floats on the minivan and could skip the line for the ferry.

Noble County has a really nice campground right next to the airport. Of course it’s an asphalt strip, so probably not on your radar.

Yeah, I prefer grass, but have camped plenty at paved strips also for various reasons. Thanks for the tip.

Meatloaf when the temperatures are in the high 80s? No thanks! I'll skip the fire too. Now, if you can make ice cream while airplane camping, I'd be interested.

Yup! That will happen. Was supposed to happen last weekend when I went up to Cornucopia for the RAF fly in, but things didn't go as planned. :-(

Now, mi amigo. Going to post it in a sec.

Back