What should I do?

Suggest you delete this thread and re do it as anonymous. You’ll probably offer more specific information that way and will this thus get clearer thoughts / responses.

ATP isn’t a “would be nice”. It’s a hard choice and a long commitment to get to a job flying an airliner.

Smarter people than me will be here to give a more informed POV on licensing and medicals.

On a related topic, IMHO priority one is your health. Of course don’t take antidepressants if you don’t really need them. BUT if you really need them they are an important part of what your doc used to get you healthy.

Don’t stop taking something you should take / need.

John, Based on what you wrote:

I would simply not use that ill gotten certificate. Falsification of the record is a class 4 felony. Repeating it, first class exemps yourself from any sort of "merciful" dispensation.

Due to any history of two meds at once, there is no way you can do the On-single SSRI program. You're disqualified. The fact that your record is at the VAH and its' a very simple matter for the FAA to request it....well, a felony will make you unemployable (even driving a truck).

I would get an attorney's opinion (as to falsification) and use that as a confirmatory that you need to just STOP.

I see..
So even if I’m not taking either medication, the fact that at one point I did means I’m automatically disqualified?
Even if it’s been discontinued for the 60 days plus?

I see..
So even if I’m not taking either medication, the fact that at one point I did means I’m automatically disqualified?
Even if it’s been discontinued for the 60 days plus?
Seems to me you already have your answer, and it bears re-reading.

Whether or not the FAA rules make sense or not, and sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t, that is what they follow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back