Here we go again. More accidents in Colorado (updated title)

Thank you for the descriptive thread title.
In the past 2 weeks there have been 3 accidents in the area. I think the title is very appropriate.

Update ... add Nate’s report of Boulder, that makes 4 in the week, 3 within 24-48 hrs.

Last edited:
Was another today near Boulder. The crackpot noise abatement idiots immediately posted it as an immediate dire need to stop the local GA flying of course too...

Because Boulder. Lol

Was another today near Boulder. The crackpot noise abatement idiots immediately posted it as an immediate dire need to stop the local GA flying of course too...

Because Boulder. Lol

You mean The People's Republic of Boulder?

Cheers

@murphey, @denverpilot. He hit THE power lines?!!?

As pointed out in one of the articles, the airplane started the flight near Atlanta. Density altitude might (probably? ) be one of the contributing factors. It was ****ing hot here in Denver yesterday. At one point KCFO (5 nm from KDEN) reported over 100F.

As pointed out in one of the articles, the airplane started the flight near Atlanta. Density altitude might (probably? ) be one of the contributing factors. It was ****ing hot here in Denver yesterday. At one point KCFO (5 nm from KDEN) reported over 100F.
I think @midlifeflyer was asking if they hit THE power lines, the ones that are a landmark coming from the south. Or some other power lines. That would be my question, anyway.

You mean The People's Republic of Boulder?

Cheers
I hate Boulder more than you do but I have never understood when people say "the peoples republic of Boulder" it was probably funny 20+ years ago but you guys keep saying it like it has never been said before. If you think that's funny I have a story about a sr71 going really fast over LA I can tell you that you might think is pretty cool.

I think @midlifeflyer was asking if they hit THE power lines, the ones that are a landmark coming from the south. Or some other power lines. That would be my question, anyway.
Ah....I completely forgot about THE power lines, since I usually TO/land on 10/28!

I hate Boulder more than you do but I have never understood when people say "the peoples republic of Boulder" it was probably funny 20+ years ago but you guys keep saying it like it has never been said before. If you think that's funny I have a story about a sr71 going really fast over LA I can tell you that you might think is pretty cool.
Don't blink or you'll miss it.

Because Boulder. Lol
I thought the incident yesterday by Boulder was a skydiver's death? Was there also a plane crash?

And the noise abatement groups also read POA to get accident stories to spread their fear.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-17 112039.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-17 112039.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 47
I flew into Leadville on Monday and they had responded that morning to a Cessna 210 that went down in a marshy area south of Leadville. No casualties other than the airplane. But I can’t find any info on it anywhere.

I'm convinced that the unusually high temps -> density altitude, is a major contributing factor to the recent quantity of accidents in the area. Friend of mine drove up to Granby (8000 MSL) on Tuesday, temps were close to 100F. This is not normal. It's beginning to feel like Phoenix!

DA in the Denver area (KDEN was over 100F on Wed 6/16), KDEN, KCFO, KAPA, KBJC were well over 9000'.

Here in Gallup I have seen more temps above 100 this week than I have seen in the previous 15 years. We actually hit 110 for a few minutes this week.
Phoenix missed a record yesterday only because of the cloud cover. My parents lived in Phoenix (I left the week after high school graduation!) but spent the summers with me in Denver to get out of the heat.

Last edited:
Here in Gallup I have seen more temps above 100 this week than I have seen in the previous 15 years. We actually hit 110 for a few minutes this week.

123 in Palm Springs today! :eek:

Monday looks to be an oddball.
d1d55220fb91acf42a821ddbe63368ce.jpg

Bit of a heat event going on in the mountain west this year. Use caution. We are planning a rafting thing in a couple weeks in Colorado. The idea of flying came up. I told the wife it’s probably gonna be better to drive. Just don’t want to play with those DAs for no good reason.

Back