VHF Base Station

Hiflyr1

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Hiflyr1
Anyone build a hangar base station VHF radio box, power supply and antenna. If so what did you use I have a com radio just need to build the base station mount.

Anyone build a hangar base station VHF radio box, power supply and antenna. If so what did you use I have a com radio just need to build the base station mount.
Build a wood mock up of your favorite old airplane's instrument panel. Add old worthless instruments that your A&P has laying around (none need to work). Add your radio to the panel. Now, it has the proper context it deserves.

Yep, an antenna is easy. Cut five lengths of wire about 24". Attach one to the center wire of the coax positioned vertically. Attach the other four to the braid and point them down at about a 45 degree angle in each of four directions.

Note that technically you need a station license for this. The exemption for the station license most of us operate on for planes applies only to aircraft.

Build a wood mock up of your favorite old airplane's instrument panel. Add old worthless instruments that your A&P has laying around (none need to work). Add your radio to the panel. Now, it has the proper context it deserves.

Great idea I actually collect old instruments so already have.
Thanks

Back