Renter’s Insurance

Sport Pilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot
There are many choices with Renter’s Insurance.

I know AOPA offers a small discount on insurance if you are an active, good-standing member.

I am looking for an affordable insurance rate. If anyone has any guidance to share, that would be appreciated.

I used Travers Aviation, as a recommendation from someone on this forum a few years back. Stayed with them when I switched to owners policy.
You can use their website to enter information, and they will call/email you.

Last edited:
There are many choices with Renter’s Insurance.

I know AOPA offers a small discount on insurance if you are an active, good-standing member.

I am looking for an affordable insurance rate. If anyone has any guidance to share, that would be appreciated.

Apples to apples, there not much difference in the various companies premiums.

When I shopped around last fall(?) for PP renters insurance, the rates were all within a few $ of each other. AOPA was a little higher than the others, but with their member discount they were right on with the rest. I couldn't find much difference at all in the premiums. I know I tried AOPA and then 2 others, but I can't remember the other two right now.

It's been years since I shopped that but I recall the one EAA pushes being ever so slightly cheaper than the others for the same coverages.

Like Matthew said, they're all extremely close.

Back