737 Max cleared to fly again

bean counters and the government... don't get me started on government color-of-money and how that turns decision making into a pretzel...

Given that the regular consumer, has a short memory, in a few years, this will all be forgotten by the majority of airline passengers.

Engineers. Spend $7M of R&D for $7M of increase revenue. You'd think math would be included in the degree plan somewhere.

Sounds like p-poor management. Somebody authorized the money and the engineers spent it:D

Cheers

https://www.investors.com/news/boeing-stock-amid-talks-for-massive-737-max-order/

United Airlines (UAL) is reportedly in talks to buy hundreds of Boeing (BA) jets as travel ramps up. Boeing stock edged up.

The order would include at least 100 Boeing 737 Max jets, sources told Bloomberg, and would be an extension of United's March order for 25 737 Max aircraft.

Then later on Thursday, AirFinance Journal reported the order could include as many as 250 737 Max jets and 787 widebody jets.

The carrier is in talks with rival Airbus (EADSY) to buy more of its A321XLR, a long-haul single-aisle jet. AirFinance put United's total order at up to 300 jets, with Airbus getting 60 or more.

Boeing has seen orders for its once troubled 737 Max pick up in recent months as carriers look to revamp their fleets amid an expected surge in traffic....​

Before you take your seat make sure to lean into the cockpit when you board to chat with the pilots - give them a few pointers on the MCAS.

Last edited:
Before you take your seat make sure to lean into the cockpit when you board to make sure the pilots are up to speed - give them a few pointers on the MCAS.
I know you are kidding, but this is yet another reason why I enjoy cargo...

I always let the crew know I’m a pilot, just in case they need a hand.

Oh, don’t act like you all don’t do the same!!
:)

I just accidentally drop the epaulets out of my carryon.

Cheers

I had a gentleman getting off my plane in Denver comment about how good of job I did remembering to lower the gear like he does in his M20C.

I had a gentleman getting off my plane in Denver comment about how good of job I did remembering to lower the gear like he does in his M20C.
The only thing I’ve ever said was after our pilot DROVE the bus onto the runway with considerable authority. Enough that there were a few gasps from my fellow self loaders. On the way out the captain and FO were just coming through the cockpit door as I got up to the front.

“Navy, huh?”

The only thing I’ve ever said was after our pilot DROVE the bus onto the runway with considerable authority. Enough that there were a few gasps from my fellow self loaders. On the way out the captain and FO were just coming through the cockpit door as I got up to the front.

“Navy, huh?”

Only time I ever said something was when they did their best impersonation of myself. Bounced it pretty good. "Good landing...both of them".

1. Land like you mean it. Soft squishy Air Force landings are lost on me. If someone snarks “you Navy?”, I say yes, thank you!

2. If a little more “like you mean it” than intended, DO NOT BOUNCE. Lots of down, tons of reverse and get on the binders HARD. Again, act like you meant to. People will thank you for doing a good job. They don’t need to know about the 9000 feet remaining!! Don’t forget to write up the hot brakes light...

3. When it appears the capt May show you up, tell the fed on your jump seat how the capt has just been greasing them on repeatedly, at about 100’. This is a very reliable technique.

4. When FA tells you a GA pilot had offered their help, have them reply that if you get down to one engine you will indeed seek their help. This is most effective on 3 or more engine planes.

quite frankly, I love the “banter”. Folks are just trying to connect. It’s fun.

quite frankly, I love the “banter”. Folks are just trying to connect. It’s fun

Marine - Moving ARound In Navy Equipment

Army - Aren’t Ready for Marines Yet

Navy - Not Army Verified Yet

. How do different military branches use stars?
The Army sleeps under the stars.
The Navy navigates by the stars.
The Air Force chooses hotels by the stars.

Last edited:
. How do different military branches use stars?
The Army sleeps under the stars.
The Navy navigates by the stars.
The Air Force chooses hotels by the stars.
If you tell someone in the Army to secure a building, they assign a company to guard it.

If you tell someone in the Navy to secure a building, they send a yeoman around to turn off all the lights.

If you tell someone in the Marines to secure a building, they send a squad to assault it.

If you tell someone in the Air Force to secure a building, they take out a five-year lease....

Ron Wanttaja

I know you are kidding, but this is yet another reason why I enjoy cargo...

Joey, you like movies about gladiators?

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
<— wore A20s on the last passenger flight he took.

Granted, it was a Cape Air 402 and they’re the only ANR hearing protection I have. I rode in a 402 with naked ears once and that was enough.

I have had a SWA captain come on the PA after a bounced landing, and say something along the lines of, "Be sure to offer congratulations to the copilot for passing his check ride, twice in one flight!"

Tim

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

I have had a SWA captain come on the PA after a bounced landing, and say something along the lines of, "Be sure to offer congratulations to the copilot for passing his check ride, twice in one flight!"

Tim

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

it was probably the captain that was the one flying it...

(or maybe they both thought it was a CAT III autoland...)

It was most likely a male FA making the PA. Also while Southwest does do Cat III they don't have autoland.

After the LGA autoland I guess my joke detector is not working.

"LGA autoland"? sorry if I'm opening a wound, but I don't get the reference.

and remember, one of the old mechanic/pilots jokes includes something along the lines of a squawk "autoland very rough" with the mechanic write-up of "no autoland installed"

Back