Evektor SportStar Light Sport

robert jamieson

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jamo002
Hi Guys, I'm new here and I wonder if I have any fellow Evektor owners on Pilots of America? I recently bought a "Like New" 2006 Evektor SportStar with only 270 hours Total Time. Its always been hangered and looks like a Brand New 15 year old aircraft.

These Baby's are overly sensitive on the runway and right now I'm installing the Factory Nose Wheel "Desensitizing Kit" that came out in 2008. I've flown her about 10 take-offs and landings but it's really touchy to stay on the runway for take off. Landing is a bit easier because I'm holding the nose wheel off till it drops around 40kts.

Bob Jamieson
Carrollton GA

I just bought an Evektor, I’m a KLZU. Not too far from you, we should meetup

Congratulations! I have somewhere around 10-15 hours in the SportStar from 2007, and I also had the chance to visit the original distributor's assembly facility in Kerrville, TX. It was the first LSA I flew solo and I absolutely loved the plane.

I don't recall thinking its ground behavior was particularly skittish (what still sticks with me today was to not inadvertently hit the passenger's left rudder pedal, mounted close to the pilot's right pedal) but then again the plane I flew suffered a runway excursion on takeoff shortly after I'd moved away, so...

I did a familiarization flight in a SportStar years ago. I had no trouble taxiing, taking off, nor landing. I’m guessing a little time taxiing tail wheel A/C would help wake up your feet. My initial flight training was in a Citabria. And I’m NOT a hot shot pilot!

270 hours in 15 years? 18 hours a year? An hour and a half a month. Previous owner must not have liked it much.

Back