Gender Reveal Party

pilotrs

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PilotRS
Doing a gender reveal flyby with a pink or blue powder. I'll maintain at least 600 feet above ground, so I don't violate any rules. The house with the party sits on a 20 acre lot, but I doubt the powder will even make it to the ground.

I'm debating on which method to use.

Idea from

1. Put the powder in a windsock, wrap it up and tied to a string. Front passenger opens the C172 window and throws it out (String will be short enough, so the windsock never hits the horizontal stabilizer) (We then pull the windsock back inside)

2. Put the powder in a windsock, wrap it up and tied to a string which is also tied to the landing strut, so when we throw it and it opens, it opens at a level below the horizontal stabilizer, and then another string to pull it back (I don't want to fly with it dangling out afterwards)

3. Perhaps a 25 second smoke grenade that is held outside the window by hand (I prefer the powder because I wouldn't want the grenade going off in the cockpit. Powder once dropped outside has very little chance of making it into the cockpit)

Any thoughts, recommendations?

Several thoughts and recommendations.

1. Thought - Gender reveals are dumb.
2. Thought AND recommendation - tossing powder from your window is a dumb idea. Don't do it.
3. Recommendation - Don't do this.
4. Though - Why oh why do people do these reveal things? Ok that was a question, not a thought.
5. Recommendation - Don't do this.
6. Thought - The thought of deploying some type of smoke grenade anywhere near your aircraft is just stupid.
7. Thought - (more of a question, really) - Are you serious?

Last edited:
¡It's a....
failing-with-fireworks-13-gifs-11.gif

:D

Put a line of each color powder on a hooker's arse cheeks, and use a $100 bill to snort the appropriate color. Put the video on Youtube.

Everybody happy!

My man!!

Don't even think of lighting a smoke grenade in the air.

They get extremely hot, you cannot hold them, and they set fires when dropped on any flammable surface.

From an aircraft, they could kill a person unlucky enough to be there when it arrived .

Yes, I have used smoke grenades several times, on the ground, on bare dirt. The exterior got so hot it burned all the paint off the exterior.

What is the point of advertising a gender reveal to persons not invited, just in the surrounding mile or so? Just dip the revealer in first pink, then blue egg coloring, leaving a pleasant purple hue for a week or so, to share their change to all they meet.

This sounds like a job better suited for a cropduster or the GEICO Skytypers.

I recommend you do that. The smoke grenade thing. Just stick it to the bottom of the wing with some duck-tape. Inboards. Just tie a string to it to fire it.

It'll be spectacular.

Now, people will wonder what gender the orange flames from the inboard wing tank are supposed to represent.

But it'll be spectacular.

On second thought, why don't you suggest something safer to the couple. Like having an amateur build a mortar. Or something involving Tannerite, that's always a big hit. Or maybe a modified report cannon.

We did it a few years back... We put pink strawberry milk powder in a long tube and released it. The plan was to do it in the Stearman but it was a big strong crosswind that day so I chose to take the 172... The pink cloud wasn't as amazing as we thought it would be. LOL

Doing a gender reveal flyby with a pink or blue powder. I'll maintain at least 600 feet above ground, so I don't violate any rules. The house with the party sits on a 20 acre lot, but I doubt the powder will even make it to the ground.

I'm debating on which method to use.

Idea from

1. Put the powder in a windsock, wrap it up and tied to a string. Front passenger opens the C172 window and throws it out (String will be short enough, so the windsock never hits the horizontal stabilizer) (We then pull the windsock back inside)

2. Put the powder in a windsock, wrap it up and tied to a string which is also tied to the landing strut, so when we throw it and it opens, it opens at a level below the horizontal stabilizer, and then another string to pull it back (I don't want to fly with it dangling out afterwards)

3. Perhaps a 25 second smoke grenade that is held outside the window by hand (I prefer the powder because I wouldn't want the grenade going off in the cockpit. Powder once dropped outside has very little chance of making it into the cockpit)

Yeah, I got a recommendation. Read the posts here. Now, read them again

My niece after two ultrasounds and less than two years ago and painted the room pink had a boy...sadly their was also post partem conflicts with it...he is a wonderful baby boy! But you only look to this accident in Mexico last year to wonder why anyone would do this...maybe I am a fun sucker but just my take...then again In my past life stuff like this I would first to say...that’s a terrible idea...what time..
https://nypost.com/2021/03/31/two-killed-when-plane-crashes-in-cancun-during-gender-reveal/

Back