Dog is my copilot

Careful Salty, you might offend some of the fanatics here.

My GSP just sleeps, which is weird since she bounces off the damn walls of she's not outside running.

In that third photo he appears to be saying, "dad, are we there yet?" ;)

Now you can get the shirt.

Mens-Dog-Is-My-Copilot-Crusher-Tee_58183_1_lg.png

My dog is 15 lbs, and I can't even wrestle her into the car.
I wouldn't dare try the Cub, she would claw her way out. Maybe I'll toss her in the Cherokee and taxi her around and see what happens.

I am so envious! Our 3 year old Olde English Bulldog loves car rides and boat rides. However at 2 she started having epileptic seizures. Even on anti-seizure meds they happen about every 3 weeks, sometimes less. They are Granmal seizures and usually 3 in a row. Horrible to watch. Just before they started occurring we got her the dog restraint for the airplane and took her for a taxi ride. Wish we could take our bestest little buddy along.

Dog headset - good idea or not needed?

We started our Phyzzbyn doggie in the crate, but these days we just throw her in back. She mostly sleeps.

B514E229-7FB4-46B9-B1F4-7CF65BADBFEE.jpeg I had one dog that was terrified of the airplane and another that would jump in if the door was left open. He couldn’t get enough of it. He only gave one comment. His first flight he willingly got in the back and was attentive and happy taxiing and rolling. When the plane lifted off and was noticeably in the air he pointed his nose straight up and gave one long bay at the moon. After that, he was ready to fly any time.

He was a good side by side driver too.

Last edited:
Where'd you get that pup and how old is he? We have an identical looking female that is 11 yr old this April. She does not do well in the truck so I doubt I could get her in a plane :0
He's a 7 month old American Hairless Terrier. He was bred here in Florida by some friends.

Aren’t y’all (who don’t use dog earphones) worried about your dogs going deaf from the noisy environment?

Aren’t y’all (who don’t use dog earphones) worried about your dogs going deaf from the noisy environment?
I used too. My oldest dog have been flying since she was 9 weeks. Probably has logged a couple hundred hours. She is definitely not deaf on either end of the spectrum. I tried to get her to wear muffs. Not gonna happen.

I use to but the more I talked to people who fly with dogs a lot it doesn’t seem to bother them. I do however run lower rpm when she is with me and she sleeps the same as at home. Granted she is still young (3 yrs) but she can still hear a mouse fart a quarter mile away. She don’t miss a beat. Have not tried muffs but I might just to see if she’ll wear them. Pretty expensive just to find out they won’t wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastiffs are cool. We had 3 of them before but never took them flying as we would need something with barn doors to get them in. At 225 lbs we would be close to max with luggage

Our American Mastiff assumes the same position when I drive.
FDD8AB72-A8E8-4860-BA09-82EA4646F403.jpeg

This was our Italian Mastiff flying. We sure miss her. When it was time to get in the plane I would give her a kennel command and place my hand protecting her from hitting the top of the baggage door opening and she would jump right in the Sundowner. This girl logged many hours every weekend back and forth to the beach place.
4C9A5F8B-B687-40DB-BB9B-E3535B6D0D3C.jpeg

Where's the real fun for the pooch? Everybody knows the want to stick there head out of the window and look ahead.

I had a Pyrenees that loved riding in the back of the truck. He would stick his head out over the side with his face in the wind. Bad part was the side of my truck was covered in drool that a power washer had trouble getting off but he loved it and was always ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back