New guy in town

Jim Caufield

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CardinalDriver
Hello folks,

I've been a long time lurker on POA, reading many threads as a result of Google searches on airplane ownership topics. I finally thought it might be a good idea to join, get the tattoo and visit more often.

I've been a Private Pilot since the early 70's and have owned 5 aircraft (2 of which were sailplanes) during that time. My current plane is a 1969 177A Cardinal based in the Pacific Northwest. All my flying is recreational and now that I have the Cardinal I've been thinking of (finally) getting my instrument ticket. Kind of a 'bucket list' thing.

Anyway, it's good to be on board and I look forward to participating in this great community.

Best regards,

Jim

Welcome, Photo the airplane might be useful so we might recognize you if you vist. I used to fly 177A out of KMan (Nampa, ID).

Got me thinking about it N2233Y, I last flew it in 1994. Looks like it met it demise in 2006, fuel exhaustion accident. Mark another one of the planes I have flown off the survivors list:).

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Last edited:
Hello folks,

I've been a long time lurker on POA, reading many threads as a result of Google searches on airplane ownership topics. I finally thought it might be a good idea to join, get the tattoo and visit more often.

I've been a Private Pilot since the early 70's and have owned 5 aircraft (2 of which were sailplanes) during that time. My current plane is a 1969 177A Cardinal based in the Pacific Northwest. All my flying is recreational and now that I have the Cardinal I've been thinking of (finally) getting my instrument ticket. Kind of a 'bucket list' thing.

Anyway, it's good to be on board and I look forward to participating in this great community.

Best regards,

Jim
Welcome to the joint. You been lurking’ and joined so I’ll dispense with all the ‘don’t feed the animals’ type warnings. Where in the Pacific Northwest are you? I used to own a 177B. Still do own parts of it, long story.

Welcome, Photo the airplane might be useful so we might recognize you if you vist. I used to fly 177A out of KMan (Nampa, ID).

Got me thinking about it N2233Y, I last flew it in 1994. Looks like it met it demise in 2006, fuel exhaustion accident. Mark another one of the planes I have flown off the survivors list:).

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Hi Brian,

Here are a couple of pics of the plane prior to my buying it in March '21. It's a bit cleaner now and in the avionics shop for a panel upgrade. (Dual Garmin G5's, GMA 345, GNX 375 and GNC 225).

IMG_0627.JPG profile.jpg

And this is what the panel currently looks like:

IMG_0889.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome to the joint. You been lurking’ and joined so I’ll dispense with all the ‘don’t feed the animals’ type warnings. Where in the Pacific Northwest are you? I used to own a 177B. Still do own parts of it, long story.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm based at Twin Oaks Airpark in Hillsboro OR (7S3).

I too have parts of a Cessna 120 I used to own that has a story attached to it as well. I'd love to hear yours.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm based at Twin Oaks Airpark in Hillsboro OR (7S3).

I too have parts of a Cessna 120 I used to own that has a story attached to it as well. I'd love to hear yours.

I thought so. Googled your name and figured that was you in that neighborhood. I had my plane at Starks and the story begins with an Annual there. Email me n1323c@yahoo.com

Nice Cardinal! Always liked the look of those. Something about the rake of the windscreen and no struts....

Welcome to PoA!

Welcome. I fly out of KCOE and seem to find myself in Oregon a lot. You need to plan to go to the fly-in at Hood River this September. Wonderful museum and a great time.

Hello folks,

Best regards,

Jim
Welcome to POA!!

Back