Monitor Connection Options

vkhosid

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
94V
Good evening all,
I have come here looking for some computer advice. The situation I have before me is as follows:
Currently, I have a desktop connected to two monitors. I also have a laptop for work that I can connect to the two aforementioned monitors via a docking station. What I would like to do is be able to keep the monitors plugged into thr desktop, but also to the docking station without having to jostle around cables every time I want to use one computer over the other. I know I can buy two separate hdmi switches and make it work thst way, but was wondering if anyone knew of a more elegant solution than that.

For clarification, I should add that the monitors are HP 22cwa

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Most monitors have at least 2 different input types. Use one input type for one pc and another for the laptop. I do this at home with my work laptop to a nice 32" 4K display. I just need to go to the monitor and select the source.

Note: that is only for one monitor, not dual monitors.

EDIT: SO for the pc I use HDMI cable to the monitor's HDMI input. For the lap top I use VGA or Display port to the monitors VGA or display port input.

If I am following what you are asking, you need a KVM switch. Amazon is your friend.

Back